• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

racor spin on ??

blackhueys

I am thinking of doing a spin on filter for fuel mod but have a slight issue as I have the arctic heaters in my truck so not alot of room. Could I go with the racor 445r filter setup or is 45 gph not enough for our trucks? I tried looking for several hours on what the flow rate is for a 6.2 diesel but could not find it, does anybody here know per chance what it is? thanks!!

usmcpatriot

I work for Napa...went to buy a electrical fuel pump...with the most GPH...if I am correct, the availialbe pumps are rated to 25 to 40 GPH...my M1008 is around I belive to be 25GPH...hope it helps its a stock number your looking for:|

Ken_86gt

I have the 460 on mine and think that it is overkill- but I have the room for it. The nice thing about the 400R series is that the filters are interchangeable. If the 445 turns out to be a problem you can put a larger (longer) filter on the same base, the heads are pretty much the same.

Iceman3005

Will the water in fuel and fuel heater work with the cucv wiring? would like to get a racor but don't want to have to mess with a lot of re-wiring.

Ken_86gt

The 400R series Racor has an optional heater in both 12v and 24v- this is an option that many don't have, but I have the 12V one. It comes with two wires that you would have to terminate to the existing heater wires. Its just cut and splice.

The 400R series also has an optional water sensor- I don't have it. The water sensor wires are not hooked to anything- the filter has a see through bowl on the bottom along with a drain valve. So you can visually check for water and drain as necessary.

One of the buying points for me is the built in fuel primer on the filter block.

Iceman3005

do you think the water sensor would also be just a simple cut and splice, I see you said you don't have that feature but was wondering if you might know?

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think your looking for a filter system with the proper PSI not the GPM. I think 6-8 PSI is what the system is looking for. I just installed an added fuel pump a fellow member suggested and I am glad he did. The fuel pump is available at Auto Zone for $40.00. you wire it into any 12 circuit in the block so when you turn the key its activated. I ran a secondary ground as well. The ground on these are just as important as the power line. Just thought I would throw it out there from my experience.

FYI my truck now starts in 5 seconds "COLD"with the added pump. Best investment I have made so far on a 6.2

Attachments

Skinny

Is the pump an auxiliary boost pump feeding the pump on the engine block or standalone?

Wonder if you can use this inline with the engine pump as a backup or cold start pump.

Ken_86gt

This kind of pump is used to replace the mechanical lift pump. Most only do this if the mechanical pump has failed. There would be no benefit of adding another inline pump to the existing system. The fuel system is low pressure and fairly low flow. If my lift pump failed I would try a replacement before adding an electric pump- I think the stock pump would be more reliable than the typical aftermarket electric pump.

Asgar

I installed a Racor 90P filter as a pre-filter ahead of the stock filter. This unit has both the heater and the water in bowl sensor. I posted pics of it in the thread: push or pull the fuel

After a few years I have had no issues. As mentioned earlier in this thread, a few sizes of filters can be used with the base and head. I started with a smaller one but for the same cost I could buy the 90 version which is about 2x larger. Since it is so large and is a pre-filter I have not had to change either filter in 'years' now, just drain the bowl from time to time. I have not had any leaks or issues etc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks