• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Radiator cover

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
A couple of weeks ago I found a source for a NOS radiator cover. It got here today. Looks good and it came with all the correct mounting hardware. There are no instructions however. But one can just look up the two or three TBs' out here that tell all about the mounting of the cover. You can download the PDF versions.

I have a call into the guy to see if he wants to sell some of the others he said he had. If he wants to sell some more I will post here with his instructions as just how to go about buying one. So hold on until I see if he is willing to sell some.

I suspect they will be somewhere in the $100 area. As mine was.

As you guys that live in cold country know these are all but impossible to find.

Attachments

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Here is the response from the seller. I ran the seller's info by ADMIN and was told it was OK to make this posting. He says he has 18 -20 covers. If you can negotiate a better price go for it.

russell.jackson15t@yahoo.com

I've been having good success selling them at 115.00 a pop and 12.00 to ship I also have good blankets for wc-55s, email is most reliable way to get ahold of me

Last edited:

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
If you go to the manuals section of this web site and go to the M37 area you will find TB 9-2855-45. On pages 14-15, para 8 the information on the mounting of the radiator cover is there.

The hardware that comes with the radiator cover kit is correct. But I find that the screws are not of my choosing. A slotted head is a pain when it is supposed to be a self threading screw. With the hardness of the grill as a concern also. And also trying to get a good contact with the head of the slotted head screw when the vertical bars on the grill will not allow it. So I used a #8 x 1/2 inch hex head self tapping screw. Then I used a 1/4 inch socket on a small ratchet as it will allow you to get a good contact with the screw head. Anyway it worked well for me.

Almost forgot........I had to use a 90 degree adaptor for my drill to get the holes in the side locations. Again the vertical bars were the problem. HF has a cheap 90 degree unit for $20.

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Done. Except need to remove the cover and paint the mounting hardware. Also had to move the license plate mounting hardware mounted on winch top plate a little forward. That area needs paint also.

Attachments

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Looks good on there. Can you post some pictures of the hardware mounted? Did you have any issues mounting the parts?

Bert
There were no big issues. As always one has to think a little before starting to drill holes. Need to make sure you get the horizontal and vertical clips positioned correctly. As mentioned the metal in the grill is of a very hard material so need a very good bit. Have to have a 90 degree attachment for your drill. The two most bottom vertical clips are right on a curved corner of the lower tin so you have to make a pretty good center punch dent to keep the drill from wandering. Not to sure about the two lower clip mountings on a truck without a winch however. I used a 1/4 inch piece of wooden dowel in the clips to hold the cover in place for the marking of the holes for the clips.

All in all it went on about the same as the deuce covers I have done. Same clips etc. and cover design.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks