• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rally 2009?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Even if you don't have the Ferret done this year, we'd love to have you at this year's rally, being held next week:

http://shortlinks.net/kts313

jimm1009

I'm still learning to use the Search options.
Any new updates on the early Georgia Off-road activities?
I'm drooling over the last set of 2008 pics and feel the need to participate.
Jim in Louisiana

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
It is not set in stone, but the odds are that the 2009 SS Ga. Rally will be the same weekend (the weekend before Halloween) at the same location (Durhamtown Plantation in Union Point, Ga.).

I know I said last year before the rally that the odds were it would be in September and then changed it to October, but I promise the odds this time of the above dates are 99.9%. Everyone liked the cooler weather and the location, so we should be there again.

So plan on Oct. 22-25, 2009 @ Durhamtown Plantation. Bring your cameras and mud shoes!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was hesitant to the move of the GA Rally to Union Point. I really liked the mountain ride and camping by the creek. I'd even like to go back and do the mountain again and might but Durhamtown Plantation was the absolute bomb. The trails were more of a challenge and having everyone together was a great plus. The cabin we rented was nice too. Another great advantage was having the lodge restaurant there if you were too tired to cook. 3 squares a day were served. I know JW4x4, Mike Evans and myself are considering making it a week long event and maybe bringing ATVs. If we show up early enough and a few more folks do as well, I'd seriously consider a convoy back to Unicoi and doing the mountain again. It was a really good time and you can tell by the pics.

Last edited:

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Well, if you look at the dates I posted, you will see this years event is at least a 4 day affair (really 3 as Sunday is pack-up-and-get-moving day). There is no reason we couldn't pile everyone up and have a convoy to Unicoi one day. I think that would be fun.

Capt.Marion

Well, if you look at the dates I posted, you will see this years event is at least a 4 day affair (really 3 as Sunday is pack-up-and-get-moving day). There is no reason we couldn't pile everyone up and have a convoy to Unicoi one day. I think that would be fun.
And one heck of a drive! But, hey, I'd go!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I am watching Walmart for a sale on super duper pooper scoopers for next year....LOL.

I had a blast and the entire crew is waiting!!

Outstanding location....outstanding event and outstanding folks:-D

lstmate

Don't forget the 2009 MVPA International Convention will be in Evansville, IN Aug 5 - 9. If you need any information please do not be afraid to ask me.

Capt.Marion

Don't forget the 2009 MVPA International Convention will be in Evansville, IN Aug 5 - 9. If you need any information please do not be afraid to ask me.
Yep. Seeing as this rally is generally in the end of September into October, it should not interfere with the National one.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Anyone interested in a convoy to Unicoi one day during the rally? Like what M1075 organized?

See: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?t=28314

Maybe we could wait until after breakfast, ride up to Unicoi, have some lunch at the top of the mountain, then head back to Durhamtown?

Capt.Marion

Anyone interested in a convoy to Unicoi one day during the rally? Like what M1075 organized?

See: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?t=28314

Maybe we could wait until after breakfast, ride up to Unicoi, have some lunch at the top of the mountain, then head back to Durhamtown?
That'd be neat. It is about a 3-4 hour drive from Durhamtown to Unicoi, though. But it'd keep us out of the pool hall...

msmith304

i think its cool that durhamtown would be the site and i believe that i can definitely go, seeing as how i work part time out there doing EMS ;-)

bkwudzhom

Hopefully I will be able to go this year. And with a little luck I will have a OD green ride to go in.

FM5332FF

Count Me In, this past weekend at the FL rally was awesome, I will be going to the GA rally and maybe have a couple other fl guys coming with, If DC3 still wants i will be towing up his pinz

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks