• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rally Pics

fredrader

Pics are in the photobucket link but it is not working when you click on it..You have to copy it and paste it in your address bar and it will work.. Technical Difficulties I guess..

[color=#ffff00><a]http://photobucket.com/albums/v22/Fred12345/rally/</A>[/color]

[color=#ffff00></FONT>

[/b]Soldiers%20Rally/" target=_blank></A>

<FONT color=#ffff00>

Update...Elohim1 figures out what was up with the link..The album name has to be one word (Rally) not 3 (Steel Soldiers Rally)

Opie

Fred,

The link isn't connecting - could you have chopped off a bit of the address?

Drooling in Salem,

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We are going to need a score card here. Would sure like to know who's who in that motley crew? Did no one get stuck? If I could ever get there for the event, I wouldn't stop until I got stuck, especially since there were other deuces there. Looks like a blast. Any pic sof the campsite and cookin? Man, I'm salivating.

fredrader

The link is fixed [thumbzup]

Oh The Mog got stuck a couple times but was having Carb trouble..Stretch got stuck in his Deuce but winched his self out..The little Willys only got stuck once..All in All these MV's surprised everyone as far as all the places they will go without sticking..

The pic below is everyone who was there..I will try to put some names to the faces but I cant remember names at all but I can name a few...I will edit the list as I figure it out :confused:

Left to right..Stretch, ? ,SteelSoldier, ?, Lilljohn,fredrader,elohim1,Westech,longhunter

mangus580

[/code]

my link attempt...

Ok, I give... it has something to do with the ? on the end of the link... For some reason, it wont include that as part of the link :banghead:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like you guys had a bunch of fun. Hopin this happens again. What was the consensus on Haspin? Fred and Elohim1, I'm making plans for Gravelrama 2006. I'll be there this year but next year I'm bringing green steel. If the pipeline truck is done, I'll piggy back it up on my deuce tractor. If it's not done, I'll be bringing the expandible trailer. A third option is driving both if the pipeline is done. If thats the case I'll have the semitrailer and another small trailer behind the pipeline. Dates are Aug 17 thru 21. I think the parade through town is on the 17th.

fredrader

Recovry4x4 said:
Looks like you guys had a bunch of fun. Hopin this happens again. What was the consensus on Haspin? Fred and Elohim1, I'm making plans for Gravelrama 2006. I'll be there this year but next year I'm bringing green steel. If the pipeline truck is done, I'll piggy back it up on my deuce tractor. If it's not done, I'll be bringing the expandible trailer. A third option is driving both if the pipeline is done. If thats the case I'll have the semitrailer and another small trailer behind the pipeline. Dates are Aug 17 thru 21. I think the parade through town is on the 17th.
I think everyone had fun and will probably want to do it again..I would suggest doing it either in the spring or fall though so it isn't so hot and there won't be as many bugs etc..It rained every day this trip but just on and off so it worked out great...I am sure there will be posts from the other members very soon once they all get back home and rest up a bit..They were all a great bunch of guys and I'm looking forward to the next outing... [thumbzup]

Let us know when you get here for gravelrama and we'll come down..

liljohn

Left to right:
Dennis (Stretch)
Chris
Chris (Steel Soldiers)
Jess
Brian (liljohn)
Fred
Chris (elohim1)
Rich (Westech)
Rick (Longhunter7)

Der you go, Fred. ;)

Longhunter7

WAHOO!

What a great rally! I got home at 3:00 P.M. (CST) from the rally. It was a blast!

This was more like a family reunion, than a get together of strangers! There was lots of food, nobody broke anything (trucks or bones), and everyone had a great time!

There will be a ton of pictures coming, so strayed tuned for further results!

:roll:

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Deathmower? Sounds better than racing mower....

Finally home.... Lots of work, but a good time! It POURED when I was packing up today.

The deuce did great, I did stick it, but then I was trying too! The willys got stuck 2 or 3 times, but was going where the newer jeeps couldn't. Didn't get my tractors on the trails due to lack of helmets.

I was really surpised at how well the deuce did. I was bulldozing creek banks with the bumper(tight spot). Other than the really deep mud holes, it was unstoppable.

Very large place, I heard between 750-1000 acres. Lots of quads, bikes, sandrails, and buggys. Still plenty of room on the trail. Some rowdys making noise, not sure if anyone sleep the first night.

Rained some the first day, and the next morning, making for plenty of mud. Place dried out pretty quick, was like a sand-clay mix. Very good traction when dry, very slippery when wet. Good food, and everyone got along. People were friendly on the trail, and willing to help out. Ran my jeep out of gas and traded firewood for gas.
Dennis

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there a list of vehicles that were there? Stretch, I see you made mention of your Willys and the deuce. Fred and Elohim1, did you guys have both your deuces there? Saw Chris' mog too. Westech, is that your ten-0-nine? Longhunter7, where's the M37? Who did I miss?

Longhunter7

Recovry4X4,

We had three Deuces, a Unimog, a souped up Jeep Cherokee, an M1009, and an unstopable CJ-2A!

I'll let the owners chime in with which one's they own.

My M37-B1, is still a work in progress. :sad:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks