• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ran into a currently in service 1-1/2 T CUCV PU at Lincoln Home today!

saddamsnightmare

October 21st, 2015.

Gents:

I ran into a currently in service Chevrolet CUCV(1) 1-1/2 Ton pickup still in service with the 342 CM CO. The truck was in charge of one of the company Sergeants who drove it down from Chicago, he says the trip was slow, but he pulled the truck back from the deadline and had the unit mechanic overhaul it.

Regrettably, I did not have a camera handy, but I noticed that the front lifting hooks were gone, but the rear ones were on it, and they hat fitted it with a cap (used). The truck was solid woodland green, and I should have looked the V ID on the cab door.

Which goes to show you that not ALL of the CUCV's have gone out of the system yet. Have a Great Evening!:D

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
There Still in service... I seen this one a few months ago in las Vegas it's out of Nellis I believe.. first time I seen it was doing 70Mph on the few way.. this pic is the same trucked parked I just happen to be there and took a pic...20150604_132748[1].jpg

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are still a few CUCVs running around Ft Hood, and the Guard have a few on Camp Mabry.

70mph in an M1031 translates to "I don't have to pay for it if I break it".

Cheers

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had a few contact trucks belonging to an ADA unit id see in their motorpool in S Korea 2 years ago.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks