• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rat Fink M985

Gunzy

Thought you guys and gals may like this. This was done by a local artist from my M985. This art is one part of a poster for next years "Sounds of Freedom" car show. My M985 is also slated to be used as a stage for the show.
Rat Fink HEMTT.jpg
Yes, it is meant to be in the style of Ed Roth. Here is the complete poster art.
SOF 2017.jpg
"Sounds of Freedom" June 10 2017, Layton Commons Park, Layton, Utah.

AZDeuce

Man that is old school, and to cool! There used to be a magazine called Car Toons, basically a comic book for gear heads, my favorite one had Arafat, and Moshe Dyan challenging each other in a drag race, can't remember what arafat was driving but Moshe had a beefed up American halftrack with a blower sticking through the hood. Fun stuff. I very much like the Ed Roth style posters.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool! I've had some Rat Fink shirts in my day. Is this the final version or work in progress?

There appears to be an unfinished portion of the driver's side window by the mirror (it's still blank white), but it's covered by the rifle in the second picture collage.

Last edited:

Dark Night

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We need this guy to do some for other trucks.........923, M35, HMMWV.... aw man I'd buy every one of them
There already appears to be a HMMWV in the overall poster...

Man that is old school, and to cool! There used to be a magazine called Car Toons, basically a comic book for gear heads, my favorite one had Arafat, and Moshe Dyan challenging each other in a drag race, can't remember what arafat was driving but Moshe had a beefed up American halftrack with a blower sticking through the hood. Fun stuff. I very much like the Ed Roth style posters.
I was going through boxes that I haven't looked in for many years since I recently moved... and I found a couple of the Car Toons mags in there. Funny you mentioned them... They weren't very mainstream, but I'm glad somebody else was into that stuff enough to know about them! Cool, indeed!

A quick google search shows that the CarToons mag is BACK! Gonna have to check that out...

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks