• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rausch Creek to add 8000 acres

No.2Diesel

Hi,

That's great news! Thanks for the update. It will be nice to have some new stuff to explore even if it requires a park staff guide.

I wasn't able to make the last fall Rally so I think I may a point to make it to the Spring event next April. Should be fun.

PaFarmer

We missed you and your brother. Good to hear you are doing well. Hope to see you in the spring. I understand the 8000 acres is the RC Trailriders area, which is an ATV/ motorcycle riding area, just to the northwest of the RC Park. Here is a link to a map

Rausch Creek Trailriders

I have ridden on parts of the Trailriders property, there is a lot of variety.

Last edited:

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Great news. Maybe we can have the Georgia Rally at rausch Creek now.. I think we need to do some deep thoughts about having a SS rally , like the GA guys do, at Rausch Creek for everyone in the north east. I will help...

No.2Diesel

Hi,

Thanks for that link. Thats a great map. The size of the other properties really puts the 2,500 acre RC Offroad park into perspective.

There's enough there to be out all day. Should be fun.

PaFarmer

As I have mentioned before, Northumberland County has 6000 acres about 30 minutes north of RC. The County is working to open an off road park on the property. Here is a link to the proposed area

Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area > Proposed Area

Reading Anthracite also sells access permits for $125 per person per year, but they provide no maps and authorize no camping, though they have over 20,000 acres to ride on spread out over Schylkilll and Northumberland Counties.

I think there is the potential for property owners, public and private to open a trail system similar to the Hatfields and McCoys trail system in WV. For the time being there are many separate areas to ride on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks