• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ready to go parade - almost

SixBuy

Coming down to the wire gettin EMMA ready for the parade on the Fourth. Just discovered a big chunk rubbed out of the front brake hose - oops! Anybody know a NAPA part number ( or anything else not mail order) for that?

Still getting oil spray out the stack that coats everything around with tiny drops. Someone said it comes from the turbo bearing seals and driving is the cure. Any opinions? Maybe a quart of Rislone added to the oil? Or is there a product out there for that purpose?

getting some blowby out the crankcase vent. how much is normal?

Opinions welcomed.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That black stuff is slobber or water mixed with it. I get it alot if rain gets down my stack. If your truck idles for long periods of time or doesn't get really warmed up, that can happen. The fuel doesn't burn completely and you get some that makes it out of the engine. PS has an article dealing with that but I don't have it.

SixBuy

Well it darn sure ain't rain! Haven't seen any in Dallas for over a month now; It's all going to Florida! Hmmm, wonder if that old fuel that's mixed with the new isn't burning up completely? That may explain the cloud of greyish white smoke when I rev it up... Maybe I ought to drain the tank completely and refill. It's gonna give the folks on the right side on the street little black specs in their lemonade! Thanks for the tip.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks