• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear exhaust pics

JasonS

I used an extra turbo elbow (turbo flange cut off), two 3.5" radius elbows, a stick of 3.5" exhaust tubing, and two exhaust clamps. I had to dimple the pipe next to the e-brake but it otherwise fits nicely. I just need to add a muffler and tail pipe.

Attachments

greg burns

Sound level change?

JasonS:
That modification looks slick. It would be interesting to see what kind of noise reduction you end up with inside the cab from routing the exhaust to the back of the truck.

greg

WOLFMAN1

if i knew you wanted top run the exhaust under the truck. i would of just given you mine. i had the whole thing. it even had the original hangers. i have a 52 studebaker and just rebuilt the original exahust and turned it into a stack. for water crossing if it should get high where i drive. i'll post some picks of before and after once i get my camrea out of hock. like the set up you have though. it doesn't get any parts real hot i hope.:driver:

MO MV man

The noise reduction has be amazing.

BUT then you're left with the symphony of engine and driveline "in-cab music" screaming in your ear. :mrgreen:

I imagine I'll run mine out the back sometime in the future.
I'll definitely re-use my present Donaldson muffler.....it's very compact and does an awesome job of dropping the dB's.

Heavysteven

I have seen a deuce in Woodstock GA with this mod on 395's. He and his wife were riding up front no hearing protection. I would say it will reduce noise in the cab greatly.

Good work thanks for sharing:beer:

JasonS

Thanks for the compliments. I was dreading the fab but it came together pretty well. I went from a well-muffled gasser to a multi with exhaust dumping into the fenderwell to the rear exhaust so I can't really commnet on how the noise compares to the stack. I would like to get rid of the whistler turbo, though. I have an LDS-427 turbo that I plan to try once I have a baseline boost measurement for the C-turbo.

None of the parts ajacent to the pipe get warm but the exhaust dumps in front of the rear hanger and it has gotten hot enough to melt the grease.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks