• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

regarding a rear mounted pto,,,,

Chitstirer

I have thought about it, the problem would be getting a shaft drive to go to the back from a pto output
now given that you just want to power a wood splitter why not just run a hyd pump off your engine?

I have a t case pto from a recovery truck that powers two hyd pumps in line, one is a hydrostatic pump with a variable swash plate, so i can power things like an auger etc, the other is a normal hyd piston pump that powers my Hiab .... powering a wood splitter would be easy for me to do.

now I've been thinking of using my gearbox mounted pto to run a drive shaft out the front and then i can run unimog attachments from it !

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tell us about your pto, what is/was your truck?

Tell us about your pto driven wood splitter, is it homemade and what rpm does it need?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks