• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Registering a deuce from out of state to Ohio (Hamilton County)

banditt1979

Hey guys, I will hopefully be purchasing a deuce from out of state and trying to title/register it in Hamilton County OH. I've read some threads on here about potential issues with the title and with registration and I thought I'd see if anyone nearby has had any issues lately. I am aware that I will need an out of state inspection before getting the title and am also looking for leads or tips on where to get this done, if going to the BMV isn't advised. Thanks in advance!

cjcottrill

I’m sure the Cincinnati-Dayton Crew will chime in but I registered my Deuce at the DMV in Ross County without an issue. It was a few years ago but I had an out of state title from Government Liquidation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

banditt1979

I looked through several pages of the ohio revised code but couldn't see anything specific to military vehicles. I did see something about the humvees but nothing on deuces.

cjcottrill

I looked through several pages of the ohio revised code but couldn't see anything specific to military vehicles. I did see something about the humvees but nothing on deuces.
I registered 3 trucks and several trailers without issue, I don’t have a HMMWV but know of several successfully registered ones in Southern Ohio. Ohio has a pretty large contingent of
MV owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tgreening

I registered a W. Va Unimog and a Florida Pinzgauer in Stark without issue. I don’t recall having to have anything inspected unless they did it right at the BMV and I just don’t remember.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
We as a group need to remember that allowing our government to "toss out" the HMMWV as unregisterable is a bad thing. State by state, tearing down the group vehicle by vehicle makes it easier to DIVIDE and CONQUER. The next thing will be those "big ugly 5-Ton trucks" or the "big scary 7-Ton Trucks".

Seems like there was a patriot of old who said something like “We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately”

Ben Franklin's statement back then was that the delegates must work together, or independence would never happen. Those delegates must stay united because signing the Declaration of Independence was an act of treason.

Same with these old green trucks...

banditt1979

We as a group need to remember that allowing our government to "toss out" the HMMWV as unregisterable is a bad thing. State by state, tearing down the group vehicle by vehicle makes it easier to DIVIDE and CONQUER. The next thing will be those "big ugly 5-Ton trucks" or the "big scary 7-Ton Trucks".

Seems like there was a patriot of old who said something like “We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately”

Ben Franklin's statement back then was that the delegates must work together, or independence would never happen. Those delegates must stay united because signing the Declaration of Independence was an act of treason.

Same with these old green trucks...
I certainly agree. "Death by a thousand cuts" today its the HMMWV tomorrow its....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks