• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Registering m813 in Indiana

Jayrassic

I am about to recover my first MV from a private seller. It is titled in Indiana but never been registered for the road as it was just a farm truck. Any tips for registering for the road? I was thinking of doing as an antique? Thoughts greatly appreciated.

jerry v

Go online, look up the law for your state ,because every state is different ,WITH insurance basically call around everybody different .good luck[thumbzup]:driver:

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Indiana isn't real hard to get them registered so long as all of your paperwork is correct. You will be asked what weight you want to register it at and the cost is based on that. If I remember correctly, 11,000 pounds is the max weight you can register to get the "antique" registration . You will have to send in 3 photos of the numbers painted on your truck. One from the rear and one from each side. Can be on the outside of truck somewhere or inside the doors for the side numbers. You will still get a plate when you do it that way, but you can keep the plate with the registration in the cab.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please don't turn this into an insurance thread. Read the sticky.

Walk into a registrar's office and ask them how to register it.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Indiana isn't real hard to get them registered so long as all of your paperwork is correct. You will be asked what weight you want to register it at and the cost is based on that. If I remember correctly, 11,000 pounds is the max weight you can register to get the "antique" registration . You will have to send in 3 photos of the numbers painted on your truck. One from the rear and one from each side. Can be on the outside of truck somewhere or inside the doors for the side numbers. You will still get a plate when you do it that way, but you can keep the plate with the registration in the cab.
I cant seem to find any online information on Antique Military Vehicle Registration (including BMV website). I'm especially looking for use restrictions, limitations or exemptions, such as possible 11,000 lb max weight.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks