• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Reinforcement Plate For Gun Ring Leg

onegmjack

This may be stupid to some.I have read everything I could find on M66 Gun Ring.My question is,would a Deuce have had a Gun Ring and not have had the rienforcement plate? TM9-2320-361-34P,Fig.318,page318-1,item Number 7 is what I am asking about.If I even get a reply,I will state why I am asking.I have asked a few question before,but someone elses reply only get a reply.
Thanks

gunboy1656

I believe all the official truck with the rings had the reinforcement plate. BUT that is not to say some mechanic was told to add on and didn't know to put the plate in. There is too much weight to run around without that plate.

Search for the post about the cracked cab.

onegmjack

I have read that was weak with all the weight,and could or would crack.When I can make donate I will get information ,if they are any from CARNAC,hope I spelled that right

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I got my truck, there were 4 u-bolts thru the back of the cab and there was evidence that there was something mounted in them and the leg holder by the passenger side mirror showed evidence of something being clamped in it, The back side of the passenger seat also had wear from standing on it. I am assuming that there was a ring mounted on it at one time. There was no reenforcement plate or evidence that there was one mounted, no holes are drilled in the stringers. There was also a radio tray and cables under the seat.

If my truck is on flat, level ground, it leans a bit to the passenger side and the frame measures 3/4 of an inch lower to the ground on that side, but only in the front. Do you think this is because there might have been a ring set up on it for an extended period of time?

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
The reinforcement plate is a requirement but I can also state about a year ago I saw 2 trucks that had ring mounts and no plates. The supports were just barely attached to support the ring. I could just see someone firing the first round from those trucks. About 10 rounds into it the whole ring would fall down around them.

Surprisingly another truck had a plate but never had a ring mount.

Always remember that the folks installing these things are gonna slap it in and if something intervenes (such as lunch, break, dinner, quiting time, appointment, hangover, phone call, whatever) then something can very easily be missed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks