• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Remote power steering filter

Brutacus

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is my "last spin" filter conversion. This involves a 3/16" thick steel plate cut and drilled to fit on the inside, driver side fender below the power steering pump. I used fender washers on all points where the plate steel is bolted to the sheet metal. You can barely see them in the last photo. Now on thing some might ask, what will I do with the filter in the reservoir. I will remove it, so it, but not it's frame. Sorry about those pictures being dim, but you can see that I have removed the filter element from the metal housing. I have also riveted a metal splash shield to the housing. When I take the reservoir apart I will replace the internal filter with my splash shield. The idea behind this, is if the splash is facing up it should reduce the amount of fluid splashing up too, and out of the breather. I haven't tested it yet. I have to find the time to take my reservoir apart and change the power steering fluid. I'll post my results when I finish this little experiment.

HPIM2393.jpgHPIM2394.jpgHPIM2391.jpgHPIM2390.jpgHPIM2389.jpgHPIM2388.jpgHPIM2395.jpgHPIM2392.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks