• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Removing Rusted on Glad-Hands from the front of the M1078

JD4044M

No way could I get wrenches, cheater bar ect on it to get mine off!! I was also afraid of messing up the Cooling Radiator Core!!

Removing the Front Glad-Hands on the M1078 the easy way. Take A 38mm Socket and a Impact Driver, work the socket over the end sticking out and it will remove them.
Have a wrench on the back side to hold the Lock Nut but be sure to remove the air hose to it first.
The big lock nut will come off over the main elbow part of the brass air hose fitting. I just took one off. The adapter was rusted into the Steel Glad-Hand even a cheater bar and my big vice would not break it loo...se??
I tried using the Impact no go either. I will buy a new brass adapter for all 4 of them that goes in the glad-Hand.

JD4044M

Just a few repairs and maintance needed and done. I lubricated all the Zerk's setting up under the M1078 today. Checked raising and lowering the spare tire. Found the Lubed Order had been followed nothing was dry and differentials were full and clean fluid in them. Ordered the needed one way check valves parts to fix the air brakes with be here by Friday. Looking forward to a long drive soon. Soon I need to get 4 newer tires for it mine are to old to trust much longer at high speed very long? Replace the Glad-Hands tomorrow for the next project.

JD4044M

Fix the Check Valve for the Emergency Front Glad-Hand today. Found a small piece of Cardboard inside the valve center?? Put a new top Check Valve on the group of three. Touched up the nose a little before putting the Grill on. Will blend better when the paint is completely dry. Sure helps to raise the Cab Up to have a place to stand looking at them in front of you!! Now I can take it to town and feel safe about the brakes with no LEAKS. Been waiting a long time to fix a couple little things that are hard to get to. My Doctor want to see it, so I will take it next time I have a appointment.DSCF3028 (640x496).jpgDSCF3029 (629x640).jpgDSCF3023 (640x534).jpg

JD4044M

Learning theSound the M1078 makes!
Went to town with my M1078 for a appointment. The Lady loved the truck! Never got so many thumbs up and OK signs driving before!! Made a few other stops and the Local Gun Shop last he really likes it to! Took a picture of it there. I think I need to look at my Fan? I hear a noise like a bearing oscillating once in a while but the noise changes by RPMs and seem to me sounding like the Fan catching up with the belt speed once in a while? When the fan does kick it the noise go's away but then the fan is a lot louder moving air.. My fan kicks in just over 200 degrees. Only pulling steep long grades Looks like I will be able to buy my tires before November's Veterans Day Parade which will be nice! Afraid to do any more high speed runs till then. Truck ran great today in town just getting used to the normal noises it makes. DSCF3034.JPG

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Learning theSound the M1078 makes!
Went to town with my M1078 for a appointment. The Lady loved the truck! Never got so many thumbs up and OK signs driving before!! Made a few other stops and the Local Gun Shop last he really likes it to! Took a picture of it there. I think I need to look at my Fan? I hear a noise like a bearing oscillating once in a while but the noise changes by RPMs and seem to me sounding like the Fan catching up with the belt speed once in a while? When the fan does kick it the noise go's away but then the fan is a lot louder moving air.. My fan kicks in just over 200 degrees. Only pulling steep long grades Looks like I will be able to buy my tires before November's Veterans Day Parade which will be nice! Afraid to do any more high speed runs till then. Truck ran great today in town just getting used to the normal noises it makes. View attachment 813577

Lookin Good! Happy to hear that you have been able to get out and about with the new toy...

Tim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks