• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replace LED clearance marker on MK23

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I thought LEDs were supposed to last a long time but one of mine didn't last so long. On my truck, the red LED on the drivers side rear went out. It was working intermittently but it finally died. So I took a look at it and did not see a connector for it and I thought that was strange but no big deal. I ordered a replacement and it arrived and it was exactly the same as the one on the truck so that was good. So I got out my soldering iron, solder, wire cutters, shrink wrap and a bunch of other stuff. Then I removed the marker light and found the connector. So I didn't need any of the tools I brought.

All you need is a phillips screwdriver and maybe some electronics cleaner. When I pulled the old one off, I could see a LOT of dirt and junk in there. So I cleaned it all off, pushed the connector onto the new LED and put the screws back. Then it worked great!

I hope this post saves someone some time if they are wondering how to replace one of the side markers.

20200424_105551.jpg

20200424_105913.jpg

MAdams

Quick FYI. The yellow 5 LED marker lights on the front are no longer available, only a 2 LED light can still be bought. If you have to do the clearance lights on the top of the cab you will have to place all 5 if you want them to match.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks