• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacing 5ton fan belts??

dm22630

BOTH of the fan belts on my M818 broke on my way home. Now, it will overheat if it sits still & since the fan also turns the generator belts, the batts die.

I bought replacement belts, but cant figure out how to put them on.

I have searched & searched w/no luck.

Any tips?

Thanks!

oilcan

Loosen up the water pump bolts and turn it until there's enough slack to get the belts on.
Don't forget to tighten up the bolts after the belt tension is set!

ncduece

there are three bolts were the fan mount bolts to the block if you look carefully you can see that the holes are slotted. just loosen them up. then look between the alt and the fan mount there is and adjustment screw has 3/4 head and 7/8 stop. you will need a deep well 7/8s. basically the hole fan slides to tighten the belts. the water pump has 6 bolts in a circle loosen them and turn the whole pump to tighten the pump belt .the pump is made eccentric

grounded

Banned
cranetruck i will be back at daniels wed or thursday ;) let me know when your coming ill try to meet up with you if its around when im coming

powerhouseduece

Hey guys. I got a m818 that the belts were missing on. I jumped over to the old site and got the napa part # and come to find out the belts are to short. I have loosened the fan and have it adjusted all the way to the right and I still can't squeeze the belt on. I can't open the TM's cause I'm on my cell phone. Technology has only brought us so far. Anyone have a quick answer besides get longer belts? I had to order them and they will be here at 1530 today.

powerhouseduece

Ok guy we got it all figured out with a few phone calls later. The part #'s in the cross reference guide for the 250's for. A five ton are incorrect. The reference states that napa belt # is 2522401 but the fitting number is 2524407.

I have not had to replace the other belts so I don't know if there the same...

Well I guess I have to wait till monday to try and get it running.

Westech

CPL
HMM... I did that cross my self and installed the belts on my 813.. they were a touch tight but I got them on no problem. I guess a size larger would work with the amount of adjustment in the system.

BEASTMASTER

i used the cross parts chart for oil filters and ordered four because they were on sale. ha ha wrong filters. i think guys put wrong #'s on there for kicks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks