• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacing air dryer on M923A2

Krampus

The rear drive shaft snapped and took out my air dryer with it. Being the ADHD, ready to fix it now kind of guy, I jumped on purchasing one on ebay before doing my due diligence... I bought the HORTON 19324 995017. I am curious if anyone knows if this will be a somewhat direct replacement without needing to modify a bunch of stuff or having to purchase more parts to install it? Thank you in Advance.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
The rear drive shaft snapped and took out my air dryer with it. Being the ADHD, ready to fix it now kind of guy, I jumped on purchasing one on ebay before doing my due diligence... I bought the HORTON 19324 995017. I am curious if anyone knows if this will be a somewhat direct replacement without needing to modify a bunch of stuff or having to purchase more parts to install it? Thank you in Advance.
Armada AD9 is common commercial replacement with only having to drill holes in the plate. They are around $200 new

Some folks use the purest air system from haldex since they were surplus units.

The dryer you bought isn't a common replacement regardless of what the ebay listing says.

Last edited:

Krampus

can you send pics. i might have to swap mine out this spring. thanks in advance
Here is pictures of both but from the previous reply it sounds like the one I got is a no go.

Attachments

Krampus

Armada AD9 is common commercial replacement with only having to drill holes in the plate. They are around $200 new

Some folks use the purest air system from haldex since they were surplus units.

The dryer you bought isn't a common replacement regardless of what the ebay listing says.
Thank you for the insight! So I basically bought a big paper weight huh? Well that’s a bummer. I wish I would have posted here first before buying.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Thank you for the insight! So I basically bought a big paper weight huh? Well that’s a bummer. I wish I would have posted here first before buying.
Yes pretty much. Return it. Especially for what you paid for it.

Krampus

Yes pretty much. Return it. Especially for what you paid for it.

Not sure if they will accept a return or not as it was my screw up. Luckily I only paid $90 for it and that why I think I felt the need to jump on buying it because it was like $350 less than the other listings. But I did use the link you posted and I purchased that AD-9. Once again, thank you for your help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks