• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacing rubber boots on instrument gauges

ckid

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've searched the surplus sites, and tried searching here and google with no luck.

I'm replacing the wiring harness in the deuce. When unplugging the dash gauges, I found most of the rubber boots on the back are dry rotted and crumbling away. The gauges themselves are good, so I don't really want to spend $400 on replacements. Can you change out just the rubber boots on the back- the female side of the electrical connection? They aren't made the same as the female Packard connectors on the wiring itself.

Same with the rubber piece on my fuel pump. The pump is good, but the rubber connector is drying out (the piece on the pump itself, not on the wire that plugs to it.)

If there are replacements out there, I haven't seen them so would appreciate a point in the right direction. Thanks!

ckid

Steel Soldiers Supporter
@simp5782 , do you have any more info on that part #? I just got off the phone with Bendix and they don't have that part number in their system. Said it's usually a two part, 6 digit number like xxx-xxx, etc. I asked if it might be a part no longer made, and was told even if so, they keep the numbers in the system and it would pull up.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
@simp5782 , do you have any more info on that part #? I just got off the phone with Bendix and they don't have that part number in their system. Said it's usually a two part, 6 digit number like xxx-xxx, etc. I asked if it might be a part no longer made, and was told even if so, they keep the numbers in the system and it would pull up.
Try 235842N

It's listed as a special insulator.

Apparently they don't know how to run an obsolete number in their system

ckid

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well that definitely could be the case. CS service wasn't much help, and tech service didn't seem to keen on helping out too much. I'll give that other info a try. Thanks.

Have you even seen these sold other than mass requisition orders?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Well that definitely could be the case. CS service wasn't much help, and tech service didn't seem to keen on helping out too much. I'll give that other info a try. Thanks.

Have you even seen these sold other than mass requisition orders?
You can buy them individually from finditparts.com

ckid

Steel Soldiers Supporter
UPDATE: ordered this PN from a company online, only to be refunded saying they weren't available. Called a couple of other companies, same result. Called Bendix, was informed they do not make this part anymore.

Guess I'll keep reaching, but I at least wanted to update this for anyone coming across the thread. If anyone does know where to track these down (if it's even possible) I could certainly use a point in the right direction.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks