• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacing the HMMWV Seats

Gamble

Has anyone done a seat replacement on their truck? It would be nice to get a head rest
Or head neck support in the event of getting rear ended. Obviously, there isn't a lot of seat room
In the cabin, so I'm looking for a seat with a base cushion no wider than 23 inches or so.

Thinking about Jeep or Corbeau seats. Anyone have any experience with this endeavor?

Last edited:

Gamble

I have a set of the Corbeau Moab seats and center bench. They’re not the most durable material, but are quite comfortable.
How was the installation? Did you buy the Corbeau seat base?

Did you consider buying an standard OEM seat from a dealer such as Jeep, Lincoln, etc.

Last edited:

SmartDrug

How was the installation? Did you buy the Corbeau seat base?

Did you consider buying an standard OEM seat from a dealer such as Jeep, Lincoln, etc.
They actually fit onto the existing holes from the MME Rear covers. The fronts were direct bolt in, too, IIRC. It was a tight fit in some spots, but the whole install took a hour or so. Very straightforward.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a brand new set of dodge caravan seats for mine! They look so nice with the red stitching. I paid like 960 plus shipping. I liked it for the drivers seat but I don’t think they fit good anywhere else. I really like the oem high backs and I will probably dye them black. Really hard to find a seat with a short base like the oem seats. I will sell the caravan seats and use the funds for oem seats. I had no idea how small Humvee interior is

Gamble

I bought a brand new set of dodge caravan seats for mine! They look so nice with the red stitching. I paid like 960 plus shipping. I liked it for the drivers seat but I don’t think they fit good anywhere else. I really like the oem high backs and I will probably dye them black. Really hard to find a seat with a short base like the oem seats. I will sell the caravan seats and use the funds for oem seats. I had no idea how small Humvee interior is
Those are gorgeous!!! What year caravan seats are those? I'll check the width and see if the seats I have in mind will fit. Did you use a specific seat base? It's crazy when you think about how large these vehicles are and how small the seating capacity is. The interior of the truck is like 70% tunnel.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are gorgeous!!! What year caravan seats are those? I'll check the width and see if the seats I have in mind will fit. Did you use a specific seat base? It's crazy when you think about how large these vehicles are and how small the seating capacity is. The interior of the truck is like 70% tunnel.
I never installed them. I believe they were out of 2020

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a pair of Mini Cooper front seats off someone locally for very little $$ and am planning to adapt them to my HMMWV. I am surprised at how stinking heavy they are. Will need to reinforce the battery tray cover for sure. Making a frame for the driver's side should be straightforward, I just have to set aside some time for it. Have to finish the master bath remodel first, so I can get a kitchen pass to work on something else.
BDGR

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a pair of Mini Cooper front seats off someone locally for very little $$ and am planning to adapt them to my HMMWV. I am surprised at how stinking heavy they are. Will need to reinforce the battery tray cover for sure. Making a frame for the driver's side should be straightforward, I just have to set aside some time for it. Have to finish the master bath remodel first, so I can get a kitchen pass to work on something else.
BDGR
If you have a kitchen and a bath inside your HMMWV, you’re light years ahead of the rest of us!
rofl

I’m considering narrow racing type seats for my ECV, with five point restraints. Summit sells several variations.

(It is my last priority. I want a functioning roll cage prior to comfy seats. And I need to get the engine spinning before any of that. )

Last edited:

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These are the seats I was thi king of. I just do t know if the base will fit with the HMMWV seat footprint being what it is.
Those seats will never fit in your truck. You will have zero room in back or front. I tried the second row seats from a caravan and they look small until you try to fit them in. I didn’t like how they fit and they probably need 3” cut off the length of the seat base to get the right fit. Passenger front seat hits on the tunnel and arm rest hits the b-pillar and the seat hits the seat belt pad. I would suggest getting some measurements from the seats you want and measure the seats you have.

Gamble

Those seats will never fit in your truck. You will have zero room in back or front. I tried the second row seats from a caravan and they look small until you try to fit them in. I didn’t like how they fit and they probably need 3” cut off the length of the seat base to get the right fit. Passenger front seat hits on the tunnel and arm rest hits the b-pillar and the seat hits the seat belt pad. I would suggest getting some measurements from the seats you want and measure the seats you have.
Yeah, that's my concern. I'm going to run by a dealership today with a tape measure. The reason I selected these is because jeep seats tend to have those shorter more narrow bases than standard passenger cars/trucks.

JanR

I'm in the process of installing Dodge Caravan seats in my M998. The driver seat was no problem, but I did cut a small piece away from the bottom part on the right hand side to get the seat lower. The passenger seat I had to modify quite a lot (see photo). It now fits on the inside of the seat belt roll and the arm rests can be lowered. It's still too high for my taste though, but I cannot do anything about that without removing the battery box. I'll add more info in my build log later.

20220515_192251.jpg 20220519_183605.jpg

Gamble

I'm in the process of installing Dodge Caravan seats in my M998. The driver seat was no problem, but I did cut a small piece away from the bottom part on the right hand side to get the seat lower. The passenger seat I had to modify quite a lot (see photo). It now fits on the inside of the seat belt roll and the arm rests can be lowered. It's still too high for my taste though, but I cannot do anything about that without removing the battery box. I'll add more info in my build log later.

View attachment 869257 View attachment 869258
I have a set of the Corbeau Moab seats and center bench. They’re not the most durable material, but are quite comfortable.
How much room do you have to close a hard door on your front passenger and rear seats?

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How much room do you have to close a hard door on your front passenger and rear seats?
They don’t fit! You will not be happy with them! The seat bottom is 3” inches too long. I will make you a great deal on mine because I’m not going to use them after spending a few days trying to fit them

JanR

The right arm rest moves out when lowered and will hit the door. By modifying the seat like I did, it can be moved left so it extends on top of the tunnel. There will now be a small gap between the arm rest and the door. The problems can bee seen in this youtube video. I'll only change the front seats, so I haven't checked how well they fit in the rear.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks