• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Restoration and repair literature for Chevrolet K5 Blazer (M1009)

Elektroman99

Hello steelsoldiers community,

I need the swarm knowledge of the forum again.

I am looking for some background knowledge in the form of literature.

It is about the Chevrolet K5 Blazer (military version M1009). I have already "saved" the TM's here from the forum and sifted through it.
It is already comprehensive but for me it is just not "simple" enough. (...I fear).

I have really looked through the TM's. However, I am reaching my limits in parts to be able to visualize the graphics. For example, I need to check a headlight and looking at some of the repair reports it seems relatively easy to do, but the technical drawing in the TM's I only roughly understand.
There must be easy to understand books out there with good diagrams and pictures, right?

What am I now looking for a book?
Is there literature in the form of construction plans and building / repair instructions with detail graphics and photos in good quality? Maybe also with a "remanufacturing" part and tips. I mean, there is a huge fan and classic car community about the vehicle, there must be good quality literature. It's not about the M1009 in particular, but certainly about the Blazer from the first and 2nd series in general.

Does anyone know such a book or from me also 2-3 books?

I came across this book (link), but it really only contains checklists of when to do what and how, so it's purely a maintenance book. But there is no explanation or "how to do what" explanation included.

Maybe someone knows a book that you can buy if necessary even today and without having to take out a loan agreement because of the purchase of the book.

Freundliche Grüße / Best regards

Elektroman99

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hello steelsoldiers community,

I need the swarm knowledge of the forum again.

I am looking for some background knowledge in the form of literature.

It is about the Chevrolet K5 Blazer (military version M1009). I have already "saved" the TM's here from the forum and sifted through it.
It is already comprehensive but for me it is just not "simple" enough. (...I fear).

I have really looked through the TM's. However, I am reaching my limits in parts to be able to visualize the graphics. For example, I need to check a headlight and looking at some of the repair reports it seems relatively easy to do, but the technical drawing in the TM's I only roughly understand.
There must be easy to understand books out there with good diagrams and pictures, right?

What am I now looking for a book?
Is there literature in the form of construction plans and building / repair instructions with detail graphics and photos in good quality? Maybe also with a "remanufacturing" part and tips. I mean, there is a huge fan and classic car community about the vehicle, there must be good quality literature. It's not about the M1009 in particular, but certainly about the Blazer from the first and 2nd series in general.

Does anyone know such a book or from me also 2-3 books?

I came across this book (link), but it really only contains checklists of when to do what and how, so it's purely a maintenance book. But there is no explanation or "how to do what" explanation included.

Maybe someone knows a book that you can buy if necessary even today and without having to take out a loan agreement because of the purchase of the book.

Freundliche Grüße / Best regards

Elektroman99
I have to agree with @D6T and I prefer the Chilton's version.
The book will be specific to the vehicle and there are step by step repairs that you can follow.
You might even try looking in a used bookstore.

Shop manuals like @adf5565 suggested is neat.
Back in the day when these books were new, they couldn't be found.

Elektroman99

These are also pretty good.

Does anyone know how expensive it is to ship a book from the US to Germany? They want 82 USD in the one - linked - store.
So then the shipping would be as expensive as the book

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

Elektroman99

I'm just wondering if it's worth it. In Ebay Germany, the book costs 97 euros and 70 euros shipping. That was the reason why I asked how much it costs to ship a book from the USA to Germany.

@Guyfang - Have you found another Ebay offer, or is it the for over 70 euros + 50 - 70 euros shipping?

@Mullaney - Free shipping only within USA!

Elektroman99

Hello dear SteelSoldiers Community,

at all stores or Ebay sellers of the book "Service Manual Chevrolet Chevy Light Duty Truck Series 10-30" it is the same, the purchase and shipping to Germany is at 100 euros and more.

Now my question would be to someone who lives in the USA, how much would it cost to ship such a book (I assume under 1000 grams) from the USA to Germany. - So if it is shipped by a private person?

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe I have some hard copy cucv manuals (-10, -20,-34) somewhere--- I can go digging in the next day or so.

Z

Elektroman99

That would definitely be good. I've already got some digital stuff now.
I would be really interested if I were to buy the book in the USA and he were to send it on to me, whether this shipping would then be cheaper.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That would definitely be good. I've already got some digital stuff now.
I would be really interested if I were to buy the book in the USA and he were to send it on to me, whether this shipping would then be cheaper.
Yes, shipping from USA to Germany is much cheaper than the sellers are quoting. They make a large price because customs paperwork is not something they do very often. A 2 kilo book should cost under 25 euros to ship, but remember 'everything goes by air, not surface ships' which is another reason for the higher prices. Way back in time there was an "M Bag" rate that went by surface ships at a rate of about one kilo for one Euro, but the time could be up to two months for delivery. Then they went to air shipments only and the price went to 9 Euros per kilo, and it is probably more now (I have not shipped anything using that service in six years).

Alvydas

Basically I am looking for someone - here from the forum - who really lives in the USA, to whom I can buy the part and who will ship it to me the cheapest way.
Hello, sometimes I use forwarder services e.g. https://www.shipzee.com/en/ . You need send the link of the product you want, they calculate the final price (shipping, custom etc. ) and send you the offer for free. This is usually cheaper . You can also create your own post box with them, then they forward the purchased item.

Elektroman99

:) (y)

Thanks a lot, that's a really purposeful, so really awesome link and service. very nice.

But unfortunately there are only two countries without regestration.

With registration you get your own address in the USA and the service is possible in different countries. If the service is not actively used, there are no "costs" according to the support.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks