• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Reverse / Backup Camera

olbucksnort

before I can go the Camera route I need to problem solve my voltage reducer now. just hooked it up powered up rear flood lites good (thanks to peashooters rr/sw ) switch to rear identification lites , good. wiper fluid spray shooter, good. CB radio has a tick.
The CB gives a one second tick when no other accessories is on , and acts like it wants to shut down power to it. The reducer came form Golf Kart Kings and good for 25 amps. Kind a got me wondering if the power draw is low the reducer unit wants to cut off power to the CB.? Anyhow if this is what its going to do for electronics this could be interesting with rear cameras .
Please , any Ideas anyone.
P.s. I wanted to keep all modern accessories and add on's , on the 12 v. reducer.
sincerely,
olbucksnort
4/14/13 : Fixed, Just added a 7AH 12V alarm system Battery and it seemed to ballance the load plus offer a reserve for quick use w/o needing to turn on a whole bank of batteries just to make something small like the CB to work.
Now , I'm goin' a ' look to order a back-side camera. I like the multi-cam style.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks