• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rhino Tire Carrier - Washer Specs

Gamble

Hello All, I was able to finally locate a rhino tire carrier. However, the company that makes them no longer sells the repair kit and the documentation isn't specific enough regarding the pivot pin retainer washer specs.

The retainer washer can be seen in the adjoining pics. Does anyone per chance know the washer specs?

Attachments

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello All, I was able to finally locate a rhino tire carrier. However, the company that makes them no longer sells the repair kit and the documentation isn't specific enough regarding the pivot pin retainer washer specs.

The retainer washer can be seen in the adjoining pics. Does anyone per chance know the washer specs?
This is the item which I bought. Works great and haven't had any issues.

IMG_6529.jpg

HmmwvTim

How much is a pair of brass washers and a thick painted steel washer worth? It all looks like generic parts. I think for the grade 8 bolt and lock washers, i got a stack of them from an assorted pack so I’m good there.

Gamble

How much is a pair of brass washers and a thick painted steel washer worth? It all looks like generic parts. I think for the grade 8 bolt and lock washers, i got a stack of them from an assorted pack so I’m good there.
Those brass thrust washers are $30.00. There is no info on specs on the painted steel washer. It looks like rubber but could be painted steel but that's the issue. No specs on that washer. Everything else is able to be determined.

HmmwvTim

Those brass thrust washers are $30.00. There is no info on specs on the painted steel washer. It looks like rubber but could be painted steel but that's the issue. No specs on that washer. Everything else is able to be determined.
found it.
it is as thick as the mudflap metal. i though they were spacers For the mudflap. I will send a photo after I remove it with measurements. It is a grade8 steel washer painted black in carc.

Gamble

found it.
it is as thick as the mudflap metal. i though they were spacers For the mudflap. I will send a photo after I remove it with measurements. It is a grade8 steel washer painted black in carc.
Cool, that will be helpful. I spoke with Rhino and they didnt have the specs either. They just sell the repair kits.

HmmwvTim

got it on. Took some photos. The little mxc washer is the spacer I used so I can keep the mudflaps on the outside. It is slightly thinner than the mudflap but there is a patrusion on the bumper and the mud flaps compensates for this with a slightly hollowed out section behind the metal. That washer is 80 cents at ace hardware. The bolt that mounts the post could be a qtr to a half inch longer. I might get me a longer one. Hope this helps.
C82E8FAD-252A-4B61-824F-7888EF6AF142.jpeg45E7D676-EB3C-4E1E-8CC7-199E788C05CB.jpeg9E91FF7F-D0F4-43E5-9B9D-D5024F9A02D2.jpegB24B60DD-41A5-47CE-8909-8580F9F0DF2D.jpegC15C71EA-D7A9-4B03-BF34-92F1A8E477D7.jpeg93FB6CE0-0842-4696-887E-EB9F30F6FFBE.jpeg

Last edited:

Gamble

got it on. Took some photos. The little mxc washer is the spacer I used so I can keep the mudflaps on the outside. It is slightly thinner than the mudflap but there is a patrusion on the bumper and the mud flaps compensates for this with a slightly hollowed out section behind the metal. That washer is 80 cents at ace hardware. The bolt that mounts the post could be a qtr to a half inch longer. I might get me a longer one. Hope this helps.
View attachment 867434View attachment 867435View attachment 867436View attachment 867437View attachment 867438View attachment 867439
Brilliant. Do you have a sku# for the mxc washer and the black washer?

Last edited:

HmmwvTim

Brilliant. Do you have a sku# for the mxc washer and the black washer?
Dont have the skew but it is in the grade 8 thick washer box. It will be hard to miss. As for the black one, that might have to be special ordered or custom made. I would just get a qtr inch plate and ask a machine shop to cut 2 to 2.25” outside diameter and a half inch inside diameter circle with a cnc. Might be cheap.

Gamble

Dont have the skew but it is in the grade 8 thick washer box. It will be hard to miss. As for the black one, that might have to be special ordered or custom made. I would just get a qtr inch plate and ask a machine shop to cut 2 to 2.25” outside diameter and a half inch inside diameter circle with a cnc. Might be cheap.
Where did you find the black one?

HmmwvTim

Where did you find the black one?
It came with my kit a while ago. i kist thought it was a spacer so I mounted it behind the plate. It was no easy task removing it while the wheel was still mounted on it. Lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks