• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

RK's M35A2

Rkrug

Just got the truck on Saturday and drove it home, Runs and drives grate, just finishing up the paint on the cab interior, Tan on the dash and black BM rusty primer on the floor.
IMG_1190.jpgIMG_1191.jpgIMG_1198.jpgIMG_1196.jpg

Rkrug

Also working on fixing a leaky axle seal, looks like the cork plug broke out and gear oil washed out the grease from the bearings, also looks like the brake cylinder was leaking so I got a new one ordered.
IMG_1189.jpgIMG_1188.jpg

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Looks like you are fully infected, first the 5 ton now a duce! Can't believe Glen sold you his baby.[thumbzup]

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I've never seen a yellow backing plate like that. My Mule has a yellow backing plate like that and it has a Rockwell logo but every deuce I've ever done was the red primer. Neato.

Rkrug

Want to get out and do some more work but I just got my wisdom teeth pulled about 5 min ago they make you stay for 30 min afterwards , they say don't work to three days, don't thinks that's going to happen

Rkrug

I was trying to get the horn working yesterday I pulled the button on the wheel and found that the wire had pulled out so I re soddred it on and it still did not sound, so then I just took the wire and directly grounded and still no sound, any ideas? I guess the problem must be on the other side of the circuit where would be a good place to start

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sometimes the solenoid just needs some gentle tapping with the handle of a hammer if it has not been used in a while. Worth a try.

Rkrug

Got the brake cylinder replaced, brakes bled,bearings repacked, and wheels back on just to have another tire start leaking around the valve stem, luckily it was the outer so I was able to get it into the shop quick to get it fixed.

Rkrug

Over the past couple weeks I got the whole front end painted, except the divers side door, just got done priming the bed hoping to get the first coat of tan on tomorrow. Also had to replace the fuel tank about a week ago because it rusted through and started leaking.
IMG_0012.jpgIMG_0073.jpg

Rkrug

Got a set of troop seats, bows, and an NOS tan cargo cover last weekend, got the troop seats painted and its looking pretty good, still needs some paint on the top railing.
IMG_0078.jpg

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Russell nice job, it's hard to believe that was Glen's old one. You have inspired me to go ahead and do my wheels sand. just need to get out the power washer and the wire wheel. 002.jpg

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Got a set of troop seats, bows, and an NOS tan cargo cover last weekend, got the troop seats painted and its looking pretty good, still needs some paint on the top railing.
View attachment 452663
That looks spectacular. I like the 5 ton style mudflap on the front.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
That truck looks really good with that camo job, what size shelter is that in the back?
It's a mobile shop office made for the M939 series or PLS flat track. Have to leave the tailgate down for it to fit.005.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks