• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Road trip from south Florida to Lockbourne, Ohio . 42 MRAP Seats

Stonepicker1

Well, I didn't have any taker's on buying the 42 MRAP seats in Lockbourne, Ohio. So I will delete the add in the classifieds.
So the trip begins..:(

I will leave in the morning(Tuesday) with an empty trailer. Heading up I-75.

Its a 2,295 mile round trip(35 hours non-stop), at 11 MPG it works out to around $765.00 dollars in fuel cost(maybe a little more with a full load).

That puts each seat at my cost of $95.00 to $100.00 each, not counting my time off of work and wear and tear on my truck and trailer.

When I get them back home I will put some up for sale in the Classified Section.

If anyone wants one or more let me know.

Attachments

engineer233

I live in southern Ky but travel I-75 to Cincinnati regular . If you need help give me a call and hopefully I won't be at work. There is light road construction in the Lexington area light delays usually and the KSP love to write the double fine tickets through there.. (606)344-2288

Stonepicker1

Stopped at a rest stop just south of Knoxville, KY last night at 11:30. My appointment for GL is not until Thursday so no hurry. Will be getting back on the road soon.
All is going good.....but I forgot it's COLD up here.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was 80 Sunday and Tues we had 1.5 inches of snow.

Enjoy the Ohio Valley.

FloridaAKM

It was 42 this morning, after 75 & rain yesterday. Its spring time & the weather is always changing. I'd rather it be cold or cool for traveling, than 98 in the blazing sun. I may live in Florida, but I never get used to the heat & humidity!

Stonepicker1

I'm about 30 min out from Lockbourne.
Stopping at the Flying-J off of I-71, exit #69 for the night.
I'll get some food here at Denny's and turn the heat on in the truck.:roll:

Going to try GL first thing in the morning to see if I can get loaded early or if I have to wait until 12:00.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks