• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rod bolt torque

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking in the TM, I see 2 different rod bolt torque values listed.
LDT 465-1C 81-86 pound feet
LDS-465-A1 81-86 pound feet
LDS-465-2. 95-100 pound feet

The engine I'm rebuilding is an LDT, with the TD block.
I purchased new 12 point rod bolts, so what is the torque value?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's the engine that's being rebuilt that requires a different torque spec LDS-465-2 takes more torque as you found out, so if you are building an LDT-465, or an LDS-465-1A, you use the lower value.

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So the LDS-465-2 has different connecting rods in?
Just trying to sort this out, I was under the impression that rod bolt torque was determined by the rod bolt characteristics, to achieve the proper bolt stretch.
I remembering building Chevy engines, the ARP rod bolts had a different torque requirement than the stock Chevy rod bolt.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The lds-2 has 210hp and only came in the m656 tractor/cargo. It has subtle differences, but is also quite rare. Unlesss you got lds-2 rods, use 85ft lbs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks