• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Roll Over?

SMOKEWAGON66

yikes...ive seen upclose what a MV looks like when its been rolled. when i was stationed in AK a unit from anchorage came up for an FTX and on their way home there was freezing rain and a M923 W/oW TPU with 2 500 gal fuel tanks in the back slid and rolled off the side of the highway. the 2 occupants were hurt, but not seriously (thankfully) they spilled 7oo gals of fuel and totalled the truck, tanks, and pump unit. cause of the accident? suprisingly it wasnt the ice...turns out, the truck was having problems with its spider valve freezing and the brakes on the drive axles were locking up...so they decided to fix the problem by CAGING 3 of the 4 aircans!!!!!!....they had one functional brake... as an 88M i was like WTF!?!? the operators were not drivers..they were fuelers and dint have much experience with the 5 tons...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No top, no doors, no common sense doing that with folks in the bed. I'm all for rolling your truck but not with a bed of passengers. YMMV

zout

Reminds me of Pirates of the Carribian (oops on spelling)
where they keep running to each side of the ship to turn er over

Some people are stupid and need to be turned over on their heads to wake em up. Glad to see a fine example of this filmed - living proof. Stuipd is as stupid does no matter what country you live in.

If that guy is still giving rides - I know a few folks that need a ride.

Unforgiven

Russians are like cats. They always land on their feet.

I'd say that's not bad driving after a fifth or two of vodka.

He easily had another 10 degrees or so before it became dangerous. Seemed to know when to stop.

nofearnohope

Dumb is the word that comes to mind. Even if the driver knew when to stop before she got too far sideways, it all changes with people in the back. It would only take one or two to shift the weight enough to roll that thing.

tm america

guys macedonia is not it russia..its next to romiania.. totally different language and culture ...if they knew you were making fun of them they would call you peachka..........but yes this is bayond stupid..and the people in the back have no idea how close they are to being on the wrong side of the grass.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
guys macedonia is not it russia..its next to romiania.. totally different language and culture ...if they knew you were making fun of them they would call you peachka..........but yes this is bayond stupid..and the people in the back have no idea how close they are to being on the wrong side of the grass.
I'm betting that has nothing to do with peaches.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks