• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rough sway bar dimensions

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just got an email from someone who was thinking about putting an LMTV sway bar on his F350. He wanted some rough dimensions, to know if it will fit. These are just some tape measure measurements (e.g. +/- 1/2"??), without really crawling under there, but just in case someone else wants to think about this in the future, here's the answer.

1624640754580.png
Bar is 2" in diameter.

coachgeo

since we are talking ruff measurments.... @Awesomeness or anyone else that knows something on this question; what do you think would be a good choice in Shore # Pourable Polyurethane to use to refill the end bushings (#12 in image) on these? 60A? 80A?

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
since we are talking ruff measurments.... @Awesomeness or anyone else that knows something on this question; what do you think would be a good choice in Shore # Pourable Polyurethane to use to refill the end bushings on these? 60A? 80A?
The originals are 80A. Aftermarket polyurethane bushings (e.g. Energy Suspension) typically stiffen that up some. I use 90A for my sway bar bushings. (Most of this was described in my sway bar bushing post, I think, in more detail.)

60A would be way too soft. Also, the softer they are, the lower the tensile strength, generally. So you get your toughest materials at the harder range.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks