• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rt-524 off frequency

Louie

Hello,
My name is Lou, Ham call is KA2PFL. Own a PRC-77 and a RT-524. Found out recently both radios were receiving and transmitting off frequency. Have the TM's for both radios and was able to realign the PRC-77 and get it back on frequency.

The RT-524 is resisting all efforts to get it back on frequency. Transmitter is 2.5 KHz low and even the local oscillator is off frequency. Following the TM's all the alignment adjustments seem to have no effect. It is like AFC is pulling everything off frequency. Worked in the 2 way radio field for years and this was always a simple adjustment of the time base. Does not seem to be the case here.

Is this forum the proper place to receive advice on this issue or can anyone suggest a better forum to discuss a technical issue like this?

Thanks, Louie

Wire Fox

Hello,
My name is Lou, Ham call is KA2PFL. Own a PRC-77 and a RT-524. Found out recently both radios were receiving and transmitting off frequency. Have the TM's for both radios and was able to realign the PRC-77 and get it back on frequency.

The RT-524 is resisting all efforts to get it back on frequency. Transmitter is 2.5 KHz low and even the local oscillator is off frequency. Following the TM's all the alignment adjustments seem to have no effect. It is like AFC is pulling everything off frequency. Worked in the 2 way radio field for years and this was always a simple adjustment of the time base. Does not seem to be the case here.

Is this forum the proper place to receive advice on this issue or can anyone suggest a better forum to discuss a technical issue like this?

Thanks, Louie
If you don't get a good response here shortly, check out http://mil-radios.com We're a like-minded group that choose just to focus on military radios. Quite a bit of overlap between here and there, so I think you're likely to get a good response either way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks