• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Run Away

plym49

I started my Deuce a few minutes ago, taking it out of its long winter's sleep.

The good news is that the batteries held their charge. :)

The bad news is that I think I have been jinxed by all of the recent run away threads.

The motor started normally, blowing black smoke, and then it kind of hiccuped and the smoke turned white. Then, the motor started accelerating. I pulled the kill handle and nothing. I tried stalling the motor in gear, but all I did was smoke my clutch. I remembered that you have to remove the snorkel and cap it, but to tell you the truth I am afraid to go near it as the motor is racing like ****, making a racket, and I am afraid of what might happen.

The truck is outside, racing like ****: what should I do?

waayfast

GET THE 'ELL away from it---there is nothing that will save it now except to run down the street screaming as loud as you can-------------------------------

APRIL FOO:twisted:L'S

plym49

I don't have a fire extinguisher and even if I did I am not inclined to climb up on the truck right now. I forgot to mention, my truck has an extended intake pipe so the snorkel is way up in the air, near the exhaust.

The motor is running faster and faster. How do I bring this under control??????????????????

big hoss

put her in 5th gear high range and hold the brake and dump the clutch. But most run aways would have gone boom by now.

plym49

IT BLEW!!! Oh no, it violently blew. knocking loud and running at high rpm, something big let loose. Lots of smoke and oil everywhere. Nose about cut off. ****.

wdbtchr

I think the joke is over one way or another. I keep a heavy 8 mil plastic bag in my M52a2 to put over the dust separator on the intake since blocking the air intake with a board like the M54a2 won't work.:shock:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks