• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Runaway Humvee

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kind of interesting as I would think this model has the 4l80e with "park" and the parking brake. 2 system failures. Also, the military emphasis wheel chocks. Surprised that a set was not on it as an exhibit.

Someone probably played with the controls........and it was not chocked. Hope this does not get wide publicity and make Command folks rethink static displays and participation.

jeffy777

What makes no sense it was there on display and running. Sitting idle. whaaaaa.... Stupid is as stupid does. (Forest Gump).

ari

Kind of interesting as I would think this model has the 4l80e with "park" and the parking brake. 2 system failures. Also, the military emphasis wheel chocks. Surprised that a set was not on it as an exhibit.

Someone probably played with the controls........and it was not chocked. Hope this does not get wide publicity and make Command folks rethink static displays and participation.
The command wont rethink displays They will just make PT belts mandatory for all attendees

Wire Fox

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's why I stay with my truck at events, and secure the passenger side door (lock from the inside, then remove the inside door handle) and chock the wheel. Others are much more casual in their precautions, including the soldiers that were not near their vehicle when this accident occurred.

kcobean

Boy the news outlet sure did their darndest to make it seem like this was Las Vegas all over again didn't they? Such drama. I'm sorry people were injured, but really...stuff happens.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks