• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Runflat removal

Gunzy

I managed to pick up some 16.00s from GP and finally got around to dismounting them. Well, turns out that one was from a MaxPro M1235A1 Dash DMX and they have one piece run flats in them. That was interesting to remove. I see plenty of videos pulling them out of HMMWV tires which looks easy by comparison. Here is a little video of our fun with remove of such a big one. I think the run flat is 200lbs by itself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B-I3H0xnCc&lc=z22sw3kg3k3kxb3f5acdp4320e53j1fkbbo3xp5dhcdw03c010c

Lukes_deuce

Just removed 4 runflats from 1600s. Not fun. Took me 3 hours to get them out. Ended up chaining the tire to the front forks of a telehandler and then using another 4wd forklift to pull it out. They put up a fight. One thing I will say. When hooking up to the runflat, have the strap or chain pull from the inner portion of the runflat. When your pulling on the runflat, the strap is on a small downward angle. That helps tremendously to get the runflat to pull past the bead.

Lovetofix

Having the tire side straps run all the way around seems a little counterproductive. It looks like it keeps the bead from opening out to let the run flat out. Here is my method, you have to have two forklifts though :).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks