• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Russian Motorcycle seen in Blizzard in Indianapolis!

saddamsnightmare

January 3rd, 2012.

Truely an intrepid rider was caught on the news clip below in a Blizzard in Indianapolis....

http://youtu.be/tDkLmU0U6D8

I have ridden dirt bikes in blizzards many years ago, but this guy is on tough hombre.....:beer: Probably we should hunt him down an offer him an honorary "Russian Storm Trooper" pin or something, along with something hot....:p

USSR

There are even more heavy motorcycles - Dnepr and MT))
Most popular now - "Урал Волк" "Urals Wolf"
8.jpg1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg

Scarecrow1

I have the up most respect for the Guy on the bike.\, but this is why we have 4 means of transportation. Motorcycle, Blazer, 4 runner and a 923A1. I am getting far to old for the recovery time when your caught out in storms like that on a bike. Oh and I like toys also :)

barefootin

I've worked with a few die hard riders. One gent (now retired) rode a Ural every day. He would stud the tires as well. He came rolling into the lot during a blizzard back in '96 with a snow shovel sticking out of the side hack. The guy with the most brass rode a beater '94 Roadking on snow days. He had knobby tires with sheet metal screws in the tread. He'd come in the lot and ram the front tire into a drift or freshly pushed snow pile and walk away. Sometimes it would still be upright when he came out, sometimes it wouldn't..... Most of these guys have moved to HD geaser glide trikes unless it gets too bad out.
Back on topic, Ural's with a driven side hack are just awesome and on the top of my list for three wheel rides, just under a Morgan, T-Rex or old Servi-car.......

trukhead

USSR

Your posts are always fun and informative. Thanks very much for posting and becoming a member to this site.

On a lighter note, I am single and went to a site for Russian-Ukrainian ladies on a whim. I have much respect for the people I correspond with. If I find one, what do I have to watch for so I don't have my a$$ handed to me. I would love to visit your country.

Dennis

P.S. Hopefully she likes riding bikes!

USSR

USSR

Your posts are always fun and informative. Thanks very much for posting and becoming a member to this site.

On a lighter note, I am single and went to a site for Russian-Ukrainian ladies on a whim. I have much respect for the people I correspond with. If I find one, what do I have to watch for so I don't have my a$$ handed to me. I would love to visit your country.

Dennis

P.S. Hopefully she likes riding bikes!
If you visit my country - I will be happy to be your guide))) + ride on BRDM 2 - I promise)

USSR

USSR,

Очень симпатичная молодая леди.

Спасибо.

Bert

I think I got that right.
A beautiful girl and a motorcycle .. It's not separate topics ... Girl on a motorcycle is always very beautiful!

saddamsnightmare

January 6th, 2012.

I do believe that the military Dnepr/Ural bikes descended from the BMW R75 or R65 of the pre WWII German Army, and back in the seventies or early eighties they would max out at 51 or 61 on the road. The problem then was with valves, springs and rings as those almost always had to be replaced at day one to get them to run. USSR can weigh in here as he is a lot closer to the source, so to speak. The drive on the sidecar wheel can apparently be disengaged, and apparently like the German bike they are descended from, fairly ferocious off road bikes, considering they are burdened with a side car and a small (comparatively speaking) engine.
Still, the guy in the blizzard has trash can sized kahunas, given the temperature, the slipperyness of the road and the poor visibility, if they can rear end a deuce or a tractor trailer under those conditions, a motorcycle might be taken for a bump or pothole.... I'm more curious how he kept the drum brakes from freezing up or the fuel line ditto, as when I used to ride the dirt bike at -20*F, the snow would melt into the brake drums and when you stopped, freeze them solid, or the fuel line would ice up..... (You have to be a lazy hillbilly to do this, but I figured I could ride the bike up and down the hills, and made cash towing sleds & riders up to the top)....:razz: Now mind you, I don't claim any sanity for back then, and probably less now.....

USSR

January 6th, 2012.

I do believe that the military Dnepr/Ural bikes descended from the BMW R75 or R65 of the pre WWII German Army, and back in the seventies or early eighties they would max out at 51 or 61 on the road. The problem then was with valves, springs and rings as those almost always had to be replaced at day one to get them to run. USSR can weigh in here as he is a lot closer to the source, so to speak. The drive on the sidecar wheel can apparently be disengaged, and apparently like the German bike they are descended from, fairly ferocious off road bikes, considering they are burdened with a side car and a small (comparatively speaking) engine.
Still, the guy in the blizzard has trash can sized kahunas, given the temperature, the slipperyness of the road and the poor visibility, if they can rear end a deuce or a tractor trailer under those conditions, a motorcycle might be taken for a bump or pothole.... I'm more curious how he kept the drum brakes from freezing up or the fuel line ditto, as when I used to ride the dirt bike at -20*F, the snow would melt into the brake drums and when you stopped, freeze them solid, or the fuel line would ice up..... (You have to be a lazy hillbilly to do this, but I figured I could ride the bike up and down the hills, and made cash towing sleds & riders up to the top)....:razz: Now mind you, I don't claim any sanity for back then, and probably less now.....
Ural and Dnepr motorcycles are much more reliable than what you wrote)))

Russian Sidecar Ural Patrol-T for versions of the authoritative American motorcycle magazine entered the top ten motorcycles in 2010, sold in the United States.
In this Ural left behind brands such as BMW GTL, Confederate P120 and the MV Agusta F4.
The famous American motorcycle journalist Bassem Vasefa make test drive Ural Patrol-T in the Mount Baker in Washington State : "even on standard road tires this rugged motorcycle with sidecar wheel drive worked made way through the deep snow and ice, proving that Russian engineers know how to build a serious tricycles . Unwittingly imbued with respect for this bike for so confident behavior in similar weather conditions. "

Patrol Model-T is equipped with removable drive wheel carriages, brakes Brembo, shock absorbers Sachs, Ducati electronic ignition system and other components of the world's leading manufacturers.
Retail price of Ural Patrol-T model in the U.S. is $ 12,600.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks