• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rust in fuel tank

onegmjack

Before I post I have checked for and read other threads.Thought my fuel tank had dirt.Had the pump out checking the supply hose.Went ahead took the stap bolt out and removed tank.Why would the tank be clean and shiney,all but the very top?What I have read eveyone clean and seals for leaks in the bottem.I am proabley the only person with rust at the top.I have always tried to keep it full of Diesel fuel.Anyone know why the rust is at the top of the tank?I know I will get blasted but I have had the truck about two years,has ran fine with the fuel filter that was in it when I bought it.I don't drive it every day so it is going to get new filter when I figure out how the get rid of the rust.Has anyone had rust in the top of the fuel tank??Thanks Dwight

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it that white crusty looking stuff? If so, I have it in mine. Had it when Kip bought off GL, had it when Kip sold it to me and it still has it.

Oh yeah, if it's regular looking rust then it is from moisture in the tank above the level of fuel.

Flyingvan911

The diesel coats the sides and botton keeping moisture off the metal. The top doesn't get any/enough diesel splashed up on it to keep moisture off so is has started to rust. This is my theory. You need to go into rough terrain more ofter.

combat32

That tank is well ventilated tigger! If my truck sits for a long time it will develop some rust near the top, drive it around and get that diesel sloshing around a bit.

onegmjack

Someone I was talking with suggested KBS. Checked out their site.I think this is the way to go. I'm going to give it a try and see what happen.Will let everyone know the results.Tigger about $500.00 worth of this will make you tank as good as new,just kidding.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a guy locally who will dip the tank and coat the inside for $200. I'm not sure he could help Tigger since he isn't a miracle worker.

;-)

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
I have a gasser! im working on my jeep right now have the body off today and going to pull the motor/trans tonight and get the frame to the welder to be fixed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks