• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rust Oleum Or Krylon

mcmullag

3 color woodland camo

I did my first deuce in Krylon paints; black, brown and green and it looked pretty good.
I did my second truck in colors from RAPCO and it looks official, the colors are the real thing. I learned from BULLDOGMACK13 about this stuff and he helped me detail mine out.... his advice and I used it and am very pleased with my 3 color woodland camo scheme.... Use the 383 brown and 383 green from Rapco, and for a better black than their's use the flat black from Rustoleum in the tall silver spray can at Loewe's. Best of luck to ya! :beer:

Attachments

KsM715

This is krylon "fusion" OD camo. When (or if) I get around to doing the M818 it will be with Rapco so it will look more original.

*edit* No its not for sale anymore. Its been sold. (I really need to edit that number out of that pic)

Attachments

DeucesWild11

I suppose it's all in your taste and what color/pattern you want to do. I myself wanted camo but the wifey compromise was a sold color that didn't involve green/army color. I went with Rustoleum flat black but after a few months it has started to chalk. Not bashing the company, I actually just put in a question to them online and I believe I may have thinned it out too much before putting through the paint sprayer. They recommend Acetone to thin out no more than 15% per quart, I think I did too much and used a generic paint thinner or mineral spirits. This should apply to any enamel they supply so incase you plan on using a paint sprayer vs. rattle can. Hope this can help you out..:beer:

big hoss

I went to walmart and cleared out the rust Oleum camo paint, i grabed all the tan. It seams to be working good so far

digitaldust

I'm painting the M1009 Its base is 383 ish green and newer. I wondered about the 2 main brands at the local shops. and Kahki does not seem to get used with Green and black. So. I might be painting two times :)

MatthewH

I just went through this trying to find a brown similar to the one used in 383 color scheme. After going to all the super centers and building centers, I have yet to find a brown that was anywhere close to the Gilliespie brown.

I settled on a Rustolium Flat Brown I found at the local farm store, and it seems to be the best look/fit, even with the 686 tan.

Good luck, but you may have to settle on a close brown, unless you order Gilliespie

Attachments

196thprober

I just went through this trying to find a brown similar to the one used in 383 color scheme. After going to all the super centers and building centers, I have yet to find a brown that was anywhere close to the Gilliespie brown.

I settled on a Rustolium Flat Brown I found at the local farm store, and it seems to be the best look/fit, even with the 686 tan.

Good luck, but you may have to settle on a close brown, unless you order Gilliespie

That thing is NICE!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks