• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Salvage Yard Fun

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Instead of the Mopar Nationals John wanted to go yard shopping for a front bumper for his 08' "Dodge" or Ram. Hit a 9 pointer dead center and veed the bumper and the deer skipped off.

So my Brother and I went to a couple yards in Illinois today, one across from the dragstrip in Madison Ill. called Speedway. Always been a good spot for older and new vehicles.

But we went to a newer yard called 111 and low and behold a blue Blazer was there to the side and walked up to it and seen the 6.2 and the 24 volt system almost intact. So I seen that both alternators were there and being loose laying there on the engine picked them up and checked out. How easy and 50 bucks later I went back in the yard to look over what was left to grab. Looked in the interior and the control card is still there in the "Black Box". The whole dash board is gone but the card was there. 10 bucks and it was mine, hope it works as it looks brand new.

There is still quite a few good keepers on the 1009 so if you are close by and need something go and check it out. 111 Salvage--2188 Hwy 111 Granite City Illinois. If I get a chance I may return next week. The deck lid was gone....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks