• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Salvage yards with Continental LD465 engines or parts?

ToddJK

I'd definitely try to get some engines that have most of the parts there. For just a core, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that it could be upwards of $3k to fully rebuild one and aquire all the essential components. I've priced out what it would be to do all new pistons, sleeves, and bearings, from the site I was on, about $1300, which isn't bad considering the market, but these didn't have the connecting rods so imagine another $2-500 for those if you needed them. Shop around and keep an eye out, even on YT vids, sometimes guys will take out a good running engine to swap something more up to date and common, selling the take out for a decent price.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might get lucky. When mine detonated and broke the block webbing I found a friend with a running in in South Florida. SS Freight got it the Georgia Rally in an engine can and another friend brought to OH. I swapped mine and sold the destroyed motor for more than I paid for the runner.

Right now there is at least one partial sitting in my barn and an old block sitting over at the other barn. I have no idea what the condition is of either of them.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How big of a trailer do you have? I've got three engines in cans that I'll likely never do anything with, and a fourth that was idled w/o any coolant in the system. I should also have 'somewhere' six LDS piston assemblies and a couple of hundred poppet valve push rods! Start a conversation with me if you are interested.

ToddJK

How big of a trailer do you have? I've got three engines in cans that I'll likely never do anything with, and a fourth that was idled w/o any coolant in the system. I should also have 'somewhere' six LDS piston assemblies and a couple of hundred poppet valve push rods! Start a conversation with me if you are interested.
Sounds like you are surrounded by mini gold mine, lol.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks