• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Same truck sells and then is relisted week after week

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I watched as the same truck was listed and sold three weeks in a row on GP.

I now see it happening again with another truck.

Item number changes, but serial number and miles/hours as well as pics clearly show that it's the same truck.

Trucks sell on Wednesday and then the truck shows back up the next day for the following Wednesday auction. This rules out nonpayment as the cause.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeh I bid on the same M1078, didn't win, then saw it come up again -TWICE. Seems just like straw bidders on eBay to help bump a seller's price.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I go to the sold ones and see the high prices, I become very skeptical. I've not bought one thing from GP but bought 10 + from GL.

Plus it's all so far away.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
685616, 711353, and 713911 are clearly all the same truck...
685616 was won by a well known steel soldiers member, there was a glitch where it showed he had been outbid which he sent a screen shot of and he went ahead and bought another vehicle so we Returned it. When it was relisted as 711353 it was sold and the buyer defaulted. It resold yesterday as 713911.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
711353 sold march 16, and was relisted march 17. Payment wasn't due until march 21. How does one default on a payment before payment is due?

I will only express admiration in the efficiency of relisting in such an expeditious manner. If only everything were processed so fast...

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
711353 sold march 16, and was relisted march 17. Payment wasn't due until march 21. How does one default on a payment before payment is due?

I will only express admiration in the efficiency of relisting in such an expeditious manner. If only everything were processed so fast...
When a buyer calls into Customer Service and says I didnt bid on this or I accidently bid on this or any of the other million reasons we are given they are assessed a Default fee and there acct is prohibited until they pay it. At that point it is a matter of clicking a few buttons to relist it.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm amazed that in 32 minutes we have had this many responses from GP.

:)

Good show.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When a buyer calls into Customer Service and says I didnt bid on this or I accidently bid on this or any of the other million reasons we are given they are assessed a Default fee and there acct is prohibited until they pay it. At that point it is a matter of clicking a few buttons to relist it.
Jwade, I don't doubt for a moment your personal integrity. Clearly this truck is an outlier, and outliers by their nature attract attention.

Whoever won it in the 2nd week went after it seriously. They fought me back and forth on it. My final bid was $3k and they got it for $3100.

Upon seeing it listed again on the 17th I didn't bid on it. I figured either something VERY strange is going on, or there's some major undisclosed defect causing buyers to back out at the time of pick up.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Jwade, I don't doubt for a moment your personal integrity. Clearly this truck is an outlier, and outliers by their nature attract attention.

Whoever won it in the 2nd week went after it seriously. They fought me back and forth on it. My final bid was $3k and they got it for $3100.

Upon seeing it listed again on the 17th I didn't bid on it. I figured either something VERY strange is going on, or there's some major undisclosed defect causing buyers to back out at the time of pick up.
I just pulled the notes on that buyer he is currently prohibited. He stated his soon to be exwife "stole" his login and bought this item. I am telling you guys we could write a book on the stuff we hear.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks