• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sanford FL Monday May 28 2018: Memorial Day Parade & Pizza

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sanford Memorial Parade 2018

Please read this carefully. I made substantial changes in how I manage events.

I strive to unite our MV community in Central Florida under common missions, regardless of their club affiliations: supporting our country, honoring our veterans, displaying our military vehicles, and educating the public about our OD Iron.

Please join me for the Sanford Memorial Day Parade and lunch on Monday, May 28 at 10 AM. The parade staging area is on 1st Street, from Sanford Avenue to Pine Avenue. Due to street closures, I suggest entering the staging area from HWY 17-92 and head east on 3rd Street (at Burger King traffic light) and turning left onto Pine Avenue.

Check-In opens at 8:30 AM. Please arrive no later than 9 AM. The parade starts promptly at 10 AM. I will post the lineup number when I receive it. The route begins on 1st Street, at Sanford Avenue, and continues to Park Avenue, turns north and concludes at Veterans Memorial Park, located on the beautiful River Walk. At the end of the parade we park in the lot east of the court house to regroup. We will leave our vehicles in that lot and walk across the street to Riverwalk Pizzeria at 11 am.

I submitted the parade entry form for 10 vehicles. That is not the limit. I requested that the City of Sanford place our group at the end of the parade lineup. One year we had 23 vehicles. I would love to have even more for this year!!! :)

Please RSVP via PM or on this thread.
  • Include the make and model of MV you're driving.
  • I need an accurate head count of everyone that wants to join in for pizza. Please tell me how many people will walk over to the restaurant for lunch.
  • RSVP BY MAY 21 at 4 PM EST.

I dissolved the Central FL Events Mailing List on March 30th. I will no longer shotgun PMs with the information regarding events.

Please help me spread the word about this event. Call / text / PM anyone you know in the area that owns a MV and invite them whether they're members of Steel Soldiers, the First Florida Chapter MVPA, both or neither. If they are on SS, please direct them to this thread to RSVP.

I need the following information for anyone outside of Steel Soldiers:
  • The name of the MV owner.
  • Contact information for the MV owner – phone number, email address.
  • Make and model of MV.
  • Number of people that are going for pizza.

Please send me PMs with this information so I can track the RSVPs and contact the owners if there are any changes. Please do not post email addresses or phone numbers on this thread.

Thank you!

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sanford Memorial Parade 2018

Please read this carefully. I made substantial changes in how I manage events.

I strive to unite our MV community in Central Florida under common missions, regardless of their club affiliations: supporting our country, honoring our veterans, displaying our military vehicles, and educating the public about our OD Iron.

Please join me for the Sanford Memorial Day Parade and lunch on Monday, May 28 at 10 AM. The parade staging area is on 1st Street, from Sanford Avenue to Pine Avenue. Due to street closures, I suggest entering the staging area from HWY 17-92 and head east on 3rd Street (at Burger King traffic light) and turning left onto Pine Avenue.

Check-In opens at 8:30 AM. Please arrive no later than 9 AM. The parade starts promptly at 10 AM. I will post the lineup number when I receive it. The route begins on 1st Street, at Sanford Avenue, and continues to Park Avenue, turns north and concludes at Veterans Memorial Park, located on the beautiful River Walk. At the end of the parade we park in the lot east of the court house to regroup. We will leave our vehicles in that lot and walk across the street to Riverwalk Pizzeria at 11 am.

I submitted the parade entry form for 10 vehicles. That is not the limit. I requested that the City of Sanford place our group at the end of the parade lineup. One year we had 23 vehicles. I would love to have even more for this year!!! :)

Please RSVP via PM or on this thread.
  • Include the make and model of MV you're driving.
  • I need an accurate head count of everyone that wants to join in for pizza. Please tell me how many people will walk over to the restaurant for lunch.
  • RSVP BY MAY 21 at 4 PM EST.

I dissolved the Central FL Events Mailing List on March 30th. I will no longer shotgun PMs with the information regarding events.

Please help me spread the word about this event. Call / text / PM anyone you know in the area that owns a MV and invite them whether they're members of Steel Soldiers, the First Florida Chapter MVPA, both or neither. If they are on SS, please direct them to this thread to RSVP.

I need the following information for anyone outside of Steel Soldiers:
  • The name of the MV owner.
  • Contact information for the MV owner – phone number, email address.
  • Make and model of MV.
  • Number of people that are going for pizza.

Please send me PMs with this information so I can track the RSVPs and contact the owners if there are any changes. Please do not post email addresses or phone numbers on this thread.

Thank you!
Should be me and one guest for pizza.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

RAYZER

I'll be there with one rider and plan to eat pizza at the Riverwalk.
Will be driving my m35a2 tractor sporting a brand-new paint job!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be there driving the M915A1 and my wife and I will join you for pizza.

signalcorps

Thanks once more for doing this OD! You are truly a Gentleman and a Scholar among us common mortals. I will be bring my 2 MV's, the Fast Attack Vehicle and the 1956 Chevy Suburban Comm Vehicle. As usual, we have our Family cookout that day so we will not be making the pizza stop.

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's May. Parade and pizza time is getting closer. Please let me know if you can attend. Thanks!

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going through a real rough patch right now, with no end in sight. I don't feel comfortable airing all my problems here; this isn't the place. I am not able to attend the parade. I really hate missing an event that I worked hard to organize but I have no choice.

I asked Rayzer to manage the parade and coordinate the rest of the details with Riverwalk Pizzeria. He agreed (THANK YOU RAY!!!!). Please direct all further inquiries regarding the parade to him.

I received an email from my POC with the City of Sanford on Thursday 5/17. She organized the lineup so we are the last of the vehicles. I don't know what the lineup number is. It shouldn't be difficult to figure out. When you get to the parade lineup, tell the organizers you're with Steel Soldiers. They will direct you to the correct location.

Suzukovich: I replied to your PM.

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had a great day today at the Sanford Memorial Day Parade. Thanks to ODFever for the prelim and RAYZER for the followup on our participation in the event. Had a decent turnout considering the weather. Was good to see everybody and also meeting new people.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks