• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sat 11/14/15 Downtown Orlando: Orlando Veterans Day Parade

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please join me for the Orlando Veterans Day Parade on Saturday November 14, 2015. The parade starts at 11 AM. The parade begins at the corner of Orange Ave and Robinson Street. Our lineup location/number and time are TBD. The Parade Staging Area opens at 8 AM. I attached the map of the parade route and road closures. I will provide more details as I receive them.

Following the parade, we will convoy to Sweet Tomatoes for lunch. The address is 4678 E. Colonial Drive Orlando 32803. There is plenty of parking for all of our vehicles.

Please RSVP on this thread ASAP or via PM with the make and model of MV that you’re driving. Our large vehicles require additional staging and lineup space, and they need to know exactly how much space to allot us. Please let me know if you plan on convoying to Sweet Tomatoes.

Thank you! :)

View attachment Veterans-Parade-2015-map-1.pdf

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm still looking for more vehicles. Post on this thread or PM me. Thank you! :)

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I received a letter from the City of Orlando. This year's parade recognizes the 50th anniversary of the Vietnam War commemoration. The parade will be televised live on Bright House News 13! :-D

**************I need a finalized vehicle count by 10/28 at 3PM. Please let me know by then if you would like to participate. Thank you! :)

Last edited:

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have room in the lineup for more vehicles. Is anyone else interested in participating?

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I still have room for more vehicles. Please let me know of you want to join me. Thanks! :)

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST. IT CONTAINS ALL OF THE DETAILS ABOUT WHERE/WHEN TO MEET, AND INCLUDES DIRECTIONS TO THE PARADE STAGING AREA.

I attended the mandatory driver’s meeting last night at Orlando City Hall. Here’s a quick summary of what I learned:
- ADHERENCE TO THE FEDERAL FLAG CODE (Public Law 94-344) IS MANDATORY. Lt. Col Richard Ortega will be checking each vehicle and parade entry, and will document ALL violations.
- THE US FLAG SHALL BE DISPLAYED FIRMLY FIXED TO THE RIGHT FRONT BUMPER ONLY.
- All other patriotic flags (example: POW/MIA flag) can be flown underneath the US Flag or on the driver side front fender. The US Flag MUST be larger than any other patriotic flag.
- Please refer to the attached PDF if you have questions about Public Law 94-344.

Here are the details about our entry and meetup location.
- We are Lineup # 55.
- We have 230 linear feet allotted to our entry, and we have just enough room for 11 vehicles parked bumper-to-bumper at the parade staging area. It will be a tight squeeze, but we'll manage.
- We will meet at the Starbucks that is in the Colonial Marketplace at 9:30 AM. We will leave the Colonial Marketplace at 10AM and convoy to the staging area.
- Starbucks Address: 3011 E. Colonial Drive Orlando 32803
- Colonial Marketplace is on the south side of E. Colonial Drive, between Primrose Drive and Bumby Avenue.
- Starbucks is located on the northeast corner of a small strip of shops in the center of the massive parking lot. It is next to an AT&T store.
- The easiest way to get to the Starbucks is to enter the Marketplace via Primrose and head west. There is a Total Wine & More at the southwest corner of E. Colonial and Primrose.
- If you enter the parking lot from the southernmost entry via Primrose, you will pass Pier 1 Imports on your right. Turn right and head north. Look for Starbucks on your left.
- If you enter the parking lot from the northernmost entry via Primrose, you will pass Hobby Lobby on your left. Head west and turn left. You will see Starbucks on your right.
- There is plenty of parking in and around the Starbucks. If you are trailering any vehicle, you can leave it in this lot. Bring a trailer hitch lock.
- I will distribute the vehicle permits in the parking lot near Starbucks. You must display the vehicle permit in order to receive entry to the parade staging area.
- We will line up our vehicles in the order we want them to appear in the parade. When we arrive at the staging area, we will pull to the right of the road and park in that order.
- The staging area for our entry is on the north side of Amelia Street, between Rosalind and Orange Ave.
- Route to the staging area:
o We will head south in the parking lot towards Marshalls and will turn right, passing Floor & Décor on the left. We will turn left at Floor & Décor, and head out of the lot to Livingston. We will turn right on E. Livingston St heading west. We will cross Bumby Ave. We will turn right onto N. Magnolia Street and travel one block north. We will turn left heading west on E. Amelia Street.
- At the end of the parade, we will continue north on Rosalind and turn right on E. Livingston Street. We will cross Bumby Ave and turn left into the first entrance of Colonial Marketplace, and return to the parking area in front of Starbucks.
- For those interested in lunch, we will convoy 1.4 miles east to Sweet Tomatoes Soup & Salad Buffet (all you can eat!).

I'm pretty sure I covered everything. Feel free to ask questions if you have any.
View attachment RL30243.pdf

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks