• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Saw this at MA Nat Guard Staging Ground - any ideas?

AnonymousOne

Howdy,

Saw this at an Mass National Guard Staging Area. Any ideas on what is on the back of this tractor?

(sorry wont tell you exactly where it is ... don't want you guys climbing the fence and grabbing a part or two .. I like the trucks going to GL complete and in once peice :p )

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a Tru-Hitch self-contained wrecker unit. M1075 has one on his M915A1.

There are a few threads on it and the website has alot of info.

http://truhitch.com/

Last edited:

DSVet

Be careful taking pictures of installations through a fence. There are prohibitions to doing so posted by sign, at least at the guard sites I have visited in MA.
Especially military installations with aircraft on them. Its a big no no to photograph military aircraft without permission.

Csm Davis

In fact every base I have ever been on has a no pictures without permission, not trying to jump on you but if the right person sees those pictures and wanted to hammer you they could, not likely but possible my issue would be that you gave a location, if you take pictures in a GL yard not a big deal normally because they already have permission to take and post pictures and most of what's around them is out of service. But as to the pictures you took though the fence then posted and located, yeah that could be a bad thing, for the military and or your personal freedom. Now if you want to take pictures feel free to stop by the Public Affairs Office and ask and they will gladly fill you in on where you can and cannot take pictures on base and what you need to do if you want to take pictures in areas that are restricted, they have a form for that. :)

AnonymousOne

Best/handiest piece of equipment I have ever had!
I bet ... I searched this site for Tru-hitch and wow ... some impressive action. Who needs a tow truck when you go one of those.

As to the photos ... it was an un-manned site which was on a main drag where everything was viewable from the main street. I stood on the main public sidewalk and took pictures. The posted signs said No trespassing.

:beer:

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, I have never seen those. That thing looks awesome. That would be a great force multiplier. Also, nice self recovery assets for a unit that isn't authorized a full wrecker. looks pretty versatile too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks