• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SC DMV Ok,s 5ton

Scarecrow1

For a while the question I've been asking Is could the 5 ton MV be driven without a CDL in SC . So you would think someone would know weather that it included anything , such as a cargo or a tractor or any other 5 ton MV. This wasn't so easy to find out, so I set out on the quest to find the answer . Now like most of you I can't think of anything better to do that hold on to a phone listening to the oldies butchered and put to death by a piano . You get used to the part that you have to repeat the same question every single time they forward you to the next department, and the next and so on , Any how I finally find the one person that knows this highly difficult to answer question. It's simple the total weight can not exceed 26,100 lbs ..If you plan to pull a trailer you simply add the trailer weight to the tractor weight and there you go . Now that wasn't hard was it .........

jpwilson

i live in the upstate of sc an im lookin at gettin a m35a2. so i take it you dont have to have cdl to drive one on the road? do you by anychance know what kinda tag would be required? maybe a farm tag?

SPC_romaine

Hello I was on that quest My self just yesterday, IF you go over 26,000lbs u still dont need a CDL you can go and Get you a Class E now if you want to pull a trailer then you will need to get an Class F no just so you know those Class E and Class F does Not Include AirBrakes. Andything With AirBrakes you have to get an CDL. In the State Of SC.

But How do you get a farm Tag? Because I dont Really Own a farm? Or should i get a truck Tag. Thanks

"Ok Just Got off the phone for CDL office Of SC, And they Said aslong as the GVW is under 26,000lbs you do not need a cdl to cover airbrakes. " Im getting told two diffrent things" but Who knows, I will be getting my CDL to make my insurance cheaper in 3 years when they give me that dicount lol. But IM still doing some digging to find out for you guys.

Last edited: