• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SC M211 Update

SturmTyger380

Since there has not been much G749 action on the site I decided to post pictures of the starter I redid over the last 3 weeks in the shop.

The starter that came on the M211 would only smoke when I tried it. I figured it was history since the metal cover was missing on the back of the starter.

I found a guy selling on online and bought that one. It looked old and tired but I put it on and got the engine started using that one.

I decided to take it off and clean it up. When I took the metal cover off the back it had worn out brushes and some corrosion.

So I took the original one apart and it was dirty but nicer inside and had like new brushes. It had a broken brush wire so I took that wire off of the old starter. Then I found the bendex would not turn, so I took the working bendex off of the old starter. After that the original one worked!

So it took two starters to get a nice repaired one. I cleaned it and kept the original paint scheme. Here is the result:

Picture 364.jpg Picture 365.jpg

Alan

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks