• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Schwitzer "whistler" turbo 3lj-319 question

SierraHotel

I'm looking at a NOS Schwitzer turbo that has some of the vanes thicker than the others. Knowing not a whole lot about turbos in general and the whistler in particular, I figured I'd see if I could enlist the help of some experts...or at least those of you that know far better than I. Is this normal or is there something hinky about it?

Attachments

brianp454

I just happen to have mine out to drill and tap holes in the exhaust to add EGT thermocouples. I have 3 or 4 wider fins similar to your picture. You may want to discuss with a local turbo expert, or just get on with it. All I can say is mine looks the same and it works fine!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks