• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

scored a water buffalo at a city auction

winfred

only looked at the pics on the site so hopefully its not a turd in person, should be under $700 by time all of the fees fall into place, they called it a 200 gallon diesel tank instead of a 400 gallon water tank but i figure for the price i cant get hurt too bad as it looks fairly unmolested, id imagine its no longer suitable for drinking water but im thinking a diesel tank could be useful
image2.jpg
so now i have 3 pieces of green metal with the deuce and m105

Last edited:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice Score! Definitely a water buffalo most likely a M149. That lid and seal would not work with diesel and that tank is not vented. The critter to the left is a fuel pod. They probably just mixed up the listing details.

winfred

they had the same description for that pod, on the opposite side of my trailer i could just make put the dual wheels and upper corner of a MEP but one wasn't on the auction list, will be snouting around when i go to pick it up

winfred

had a reasonably uneventful recovery other then the fact it had been stationary for many moons and i had to beat the landing gear lock handle out to raise the gear, guy told me it was the fuel tank (still has a few inches of red diesel in it) for a stationary water pump for several years till the pump was finally replaced with one that had a built in tank, haven't inspected much but the top cap and seal seem to be in good shape.
hubs stayed nice and cool, got the gear lock moving ok but the gear won't swivel so i introduced it to kroil and will ignore while it works, the landing gear wheels spin fine, my 3/4 ton 4x4 squareburban didn't mind dragging it or stopping it
IMG_5393.jpg

winfred

they are all hooked up but the right box had not been opened in a long time from the rust build up so ill bank they were feeding the pump via the left one, haven't done anything with it since i oiled down the landing gear heavily and pushed it into the side yard with my bobcat, partly due to too many other projects that are way more important and partly to a lovely stomach virus.
don't really have a set plan for it but do have a future need for a fuel tank for large home generator i plan on building using a old mercedes engine i snagged years ago, likely end up as a tank for that and if i leave it together than i won't have to have fuel delivered or drag it home in drums

Interesting thread, I got one of these last year, and assumed the seals might not hold up to diesel. Are the distribution stations in front of trailer still hooked up?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks