• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Scouts Working on M1078

Bobcat701

Here are a few pictures of scouts working on my LMTV. They took out the back troop seats for me. I am replacing the broken seats and installing new ones. I am also going to add seat belts. The new truck ID number I painted is a copy of one from my old unit. Truck originally belonged to the Alabama National Guard. I also added a few pictures of oil information stencils found on an LMTV at Fort Bragg.

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had high hopes of using my LMTV with scouting activities, as I got in the MV hobby to begin with as a scout, when my Scoutmaster brought a Dodge M37 to a campout. Well, our local council has safety policies out the wazoo and sure enough one of them is no scouts can ride in the beds of trucks.

aleigh

I had high hopes of using my LMTV with scouting activities, as I got in the MV hobby to begin with as a scout, when my Scoutmaster brought a Dodge M37 to a campout. Well, our local council has safety policies out the wazoo and sure enough one of them is no scouts can ride in the beds of trucks.
Oh for the love... But let me guess, putting the scouts in school buses with no seat-belts is perfectly fine.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The guide to safe scouting is the bottom line of what can be done. It is constantly updated and best to download from scouting.org

If used off-road like at camp or farm it would be ok like a hayride wagon ride. At a parade it would also be ok.
On highway/city traffic it would not fly.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice pics. I need to configure my cover like that... safari mode.

OD
One thing (for everyone) if you roll your sides or back like this, and are going to leave it... roll it so that rain/condensation does not pool inside the roll. in this case, if you reverse the roll, IE, roll "in" instead of "out" you'll be good. Had problems with this on Bragg. Attempted correction, and it survived for a bit, but this is the "easy" way so everyone does it this way...

Overdrive

OK I couldn't resist... We are officially calling this Safari Mode... Rolled the panels "in" as suggested. Looks like I have the old style cover... First time I have had all my troop seats deployed as well.

OD

LMTV_Safari_Mode.jpg

... If you look close enough you can see the reflection on the inside of the cover from the LED light on my super fantastic modified driver alert switch box. ;)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks