• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Scrapping a perfect M931A2- or pulling an 8.3

markmontana

Pulling an 8.3 Cummins out of a good M931A2

My good friend introduced me to his 80+ dad, who happened to mention his combine was broken- the 8.3 Cummins was bum. Motor has been out of the combine 4 times for repair and not worth repairing.

I opened my big mouth and said "I know where you can get a low hour 8.3 for under 3k. And after you pull the motor, you can sell the truck carcass for scrap and reduce the cost of the 8.3 to under $1500." Well- long story short, we pulled the 8.3 yesterday out of a really nice M931A2. We know the motor is good- we drove the truck 450 miles on the recovery. Really nice trucks to drive and they roll down the highway is good style.

Here’s some pics for your entertainment. About 6 hour job. I bought the truck and will be parting it. Nice to have the 936 for the lift.

Will post 931A2 in classified.

Attachments

markmontana

Yup- Nellis all the way- baby! Most of the Nellis trucks came out of Ogden- we watch them leaving Ogden going south on flatbeds- then we buy them and drive them back to Ogden- go figure. Most have been Army Natl Guard tucks.

I will put a recovery thread up soon. Had a couple events that made it an interesting recovery.

Parts will be listed in the classifieds- soon.

Ebay popcorn packs!

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice job, Good use of that M936A1!!!!
I would be in for some parts from the truck, Wheels, Transfer case, etc.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No price shopping in the open forums or this thread will disappear quickly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks