• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seal to protect the axle shaft

mutt_r

Hi,

After repairing my Goat's brakes in 2014 I had some fun in driving it. This year a friend of mine made new brake shoe pins for my Goat, because I wasn't able to find some. So I had to open all six drums again. And on the left front axle I found - again - mud and rust in the brake drum :-( . So I disassemled the axle and found a seal, which isn't a seal anymore. Now it is clear how I was able to collect the mud in the brake drum again.

Does somebody know a source where I can get some seals, either used or NOS? At the moment I need only one. A friend of mine gave me his spare part as a sample. He is also looking for one, because the rubber of his seal is damaged.

In the figure it is item #2. And I am also looking for item #5, the spindle mounting stud.

Thanks a lot in advance
Richard

shaft_assembly.jpgImg_4764_3.jpgImg_4762_3.jpgImg_4763_3.jpg

Last edited:

combat32

Gruss Gott! Wish I could help with the deal but have not had to deal with that yet, m38inmaine probably has that info.

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you do a search on eBay for Gama Goat there is an outfit that sells a lot of Goat parts. They are very good about trying to locate items if you give them the part number. Some things they have and some they don't but it's worth a shot checking with them.

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you go up or down from that diagram in TM 9-2320-242-34 P
The parts list calls out:

Has the front as NSN 2520-00-404-7382, Part# 11659891, Deflector
center & rear as NSN 2530-00-404-7382, Part# 11659891, Deflector
Same part# different NSNs.

In NL there is a listing at Truck parts trading, but I have no experience with them.

#ttp://www.truckpartstrading.nl/2011/webshop/de/1973-deflector-2520004047382.html

It would be nice to run those NSNs past napa, looks like a common maintenance part.

mutt_r

Sorry for the missing information from the TM.

I am not looking for the deflector, I am looking for the seal NSN 5330-00-410-2329, P/N 11640306.

I already contacted Truck Parts Trading and got a negative response. They don't stock this part.

Nevertheless, thank you for the information of the deflector with different NSNs.

I was also looking for some parts for my Deuce and a Half in the past and found them in the M151 TM with a different NSN, too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks