• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

sealed bid auctions

Avn-Tech

group,

is there a way of telling what the winning bid on a sealed bid auction is?

I bid on several sealed bid auctions and lost. I am trying to determine a fair price to bid next time the items come up.

Thanks
Avn-Tech

papercu

That question has been asked before. There was no clear answers on the list so I asked G/L.
Here is their reply. Best as I understand it, they said no but you may read it otherwise. Good luck, Wayne

Sent: Saturday, March 07, 2009 9:22 PM
To: GL Info
Subject: When you were offline (via LivePerson)

can I see past high bids for seaied bids auctions? Thanks, Wayne

Dear Mr Harris,

Thank you for your email. Sealed Bids may be submitted electronically
online in the same manner as a bid on an Internet Auction. The
difference between a Sealed Bid and an Internet Auction bid is that the
winning bid price is not revealed until the auction is over. Therefore,
you must submit your best and final 'blind' bid and await the outcome
once the close time has passed. Winning bidders will be notified via
their online account and email within 24 hours after the close of the
Event. No sealed bids will be posted during or after the close of the
sale.

A printable bid package for Sealed Bid Events are also available online
for viewing & downloading. Select the Bid Package & Info link for any
Sealed Bid Event, located on the Event Calendar. At the bottom of the
page, you will see the Bid Package download button. Sealed Bids may
also be faxed to Government Liquidation (480-367-1450) using this
package.

Warmest Regards,
Customer Service Department

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sealed bids is just a way to get people to pay way more than the next highest bidder. About the only way to bid is to enter all you're willing to pay and let it ride. It may be best that you don't know the bid results because you could have been the only bidder or several $100 the next closest bid :-D.

KI4GSN

Sealed bids is just a way to get people to pay way more than the next highest bidder. About the only way to bid is to enter all you're willing to pay and let it ride. It may be best that you don't know the bid results because you could have been the only bidder or several $100 the next closest bid :-D.
Very true. I came to own my Vic through a sealed bid auction. I think I was way over what anyone else bid, but I don't want to know. I'm happy with what I have and think I got a good deal, and in the end that's all that matters. As long as you bid to your satisfaction, what do the other bids matter? But to answer the question, I don't believe there is a way to find out the other bids.

frankieboy

I actually prefer sealed bids. Newbys tend to either not bid or bid low because they are afraid to lose money. Sealed bids encourage guys who know their stuff to bid what an item is worth, whatever that might mean. I know several guys who have personally told me that they would not have bid if they could not watch the bidding because they had no idea what to bid. Watching the action shows them what to bid. At that point, they can decide if they can afford an item by incrementally outbidding the last guy. To their credit, and it pains me to say this because I am a GL-hater, but GL has done the smart thing by providing most auctions as open auctions (as opposed to sealed bids). When GL first took over, their auctions were sealed bids. Then, they alternated sealed and open bidding. They realized that more people bid and they bid more on open autions. Trust me when I say that 75% of the people who own deuces would not have bid without open biddnig. Yeah, they can figure out the high bids on sealed bids, but I don't see the average guy on this list doing their homework. Instead, they would rather rely on others for information. Rather than do ANY RESEARCH WHATSOEVER, guys hit this list and expect answers. I have not been on here long, although I was a lurker for sometime and I know this is the case. Watch for yourselves. Watch how many guys ask where they can get wiper motors, tires, wheel seals, paint, etc. Back in the day, guys asked their friends or searched online, or called one of the main dealers. That is how I learned. Now, online research consists of starting a thread on this list. Does Steelsoldiers get any money for their online customer support??? Well, it should!

Monkeyboyarmy

Sealed bid results used to be part of the freedom of information act.I remember the good old sealed bid sales where you could find out who and how much somebody paid for something.I won one deuce by bidding 59 cents more than the next guy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks