• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seattle Area : Powder Coating?

zanther

Know anyone local for powder coating?

I bought some of that 383 power coat in the Classified.
Don't have anything ready to coat yet, just starting to get my ducks in a row.
Been considering find/converting an old oven , lots of videos on YouTube about it. Mostly just need to buy a coating gun I think.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a place in Marysville that does blasting and powder coating.

There may be some in the south end of Seattle near Boeing Field, but they will be expensive and may not take small jobs. They also may have been driven out by now by the city.

I use the place in Marysville.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Zanther living in ND does have a couple advantages one is we have a powder coating place in down that does a beautiful job on everything I have ever brought there and they have a 40 ft x 40 ft oven! Can you imagine heating that space to 400 degrees? The other thing you mentioned is doing some of the things yourself, your only limiting factor here is the size of the oven you have. I bought a powder coating setup from Eastman or Eastwood (one of the other) anlong with a TIG welder and a media blast cabinet, (OK I am a sucker for great quality stuff) and doing the coating yourself is not only pretty darned easy I have found it to be rather addictive! There are so many different combinations of stuff you can do with powder coating its absolutely crazy. It started out with doing brackets on trucks, then moved to different colors then clear coating different colors, then powder coating silver, it looks just about exactly like chrome, and the last thing was powder coating chrome valve covers in a deep metal flake blue then going over that with a clear coat (powder coating) and it turned out incredible. You can get the kits pretty reasonably so dont be afraid to jump in and try it!!
Karl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks